Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Can't upload pictures

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Achmann
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure if I should ask here but can't seem to upload
pictures. Type out message, chose to upload pictures, chose
pictures I want. Pictures come up on page before preview
post but that's it. Don't know if I'm missing a step? Worked
couple weeks ago. Thanks for any help.

Greg1959
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

john achmann -After the pic show up, click the "continue" box just above/left of pic.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John,

If Greg's suggestion didn't help, I want to check if you are using the Upload Photos link on the line following the "Advanced Posting Tools" heading. Do not use the upload photos/videos at the bottom of the posting form. It will show the preview but will not actually include the photo into the post.

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On numerous occasions James Howell has posted step by step instructions, complete with illustrations on how to do this. If you can locate one of those posts it will tell you everything you need to know.

And if YT Support could locate one and post it here somewhere as a sticky it would help a lot of people. It seems this issue comes up every couple weeks.

James Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Don't know if I'm missing a step?"

This is one method/way of posting a picture in Classic View.

Scroll down to Advanced Posting Tools area.

Select the Upload Photo link and the Photo Gallery Upload dialog box appears.

Click the Browse button, locate, and select the picture you want to post.

Click the Open button and return to the Photo Gallery Upload dialog box.

Click the Upload button and a thumbnail of your photo will appear.

Click the Continue button to complete the upload.

Click the Preview Message button and your photo will appear at the top of your message.

Hope this helps.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perfect, thanks James. I'll mention the most common problem too. Photos should be 300K or less in file size or the upload won't finish. I have gotten by uploading larger files, but it's not reliable to do so and usually just hangs.

Rich, Can't sticky because Classic won't support it.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First thin bissing in your instructions is ARE YOU GOING DIRECTLY from camara or are you USING A SCANNER? I think there could be big differences there. I don't know. And years ago had camara that would hook to computor but the 2 camaras I have now will not hook to computor.

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too bad you can't do a sticky.
This probably won't help the classic people, but for the rest of us on modern maybe someone just needs to post to this thread every once in a while and bump it back to the top of the page.
Another reason to use modern! Very Happy

James Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With so many different manufacturers of peripherals (cameras and scanners) with different software instructions for operation, it would be impossible to include the steps for every different camera or scanner.

Each software has its own "method" of uploading photos to a permanent storage location (file or folder) which could be on either a computer hard drive, thumb drive, external drive, compact disk, diskette, web storage, or other device.

The instructions presented above are just one method of posting photos.

The six photos shown above were created in two completely different ways buy two totally different types of software on two different types of devices.

Those six photos shown above were uploaded using the exact same instructions that are presented above regardless of how they were created.

Hope this helps.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And the situation gets worse than that when you factor in all the programs possible to resize a photo from the massive size phones now produce. Then beyond that, the new standard for orientation based on how the phone is held when the picture is snapped, have introduced even more complexity (this is why we see upside down and sideways photos more now).

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bump

mj
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rich'sToys wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:20:38 10/08/16) bump

Again.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure wish I could sticky it.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wanted to add something to this thread (and bump it at the same time). I have tended to disavow all knowledge of how to do things on phones, but today I decided to look up the apps that can do this. There are free apps for both iPhone and Android that will resize jpgs, gifs and pngs. On a search engine, I typed "how to resize photos on android", and "how to resize photo on iPhone". Both searches immediately popped up free apps that are rated highly by phone users.

As to the actual size you need to have the photo, I always say 300K because that is safe, but some of our uploads will permit up to 2MB. Phones now seem to generate upwards of 4MB by default.

One other thing I'll mention even though it sounds crazy, on the iPhone, you can resize the photo simply by sending it to yourself in mail, and selecting small or medium for the photo sizes. The resulting photo will be far more realistically sized than the default.

Rich'sToys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Can't upload pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bump

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters