Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Made a big change!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For my friends here who haven't been following me on tractor talk, I've been having a lot of trouble with my truck, so I decided it was time for an upgrade. I haven't posted about it here since it's not really case related, but I thought I would share the end result here so you can keep an eye out for me. This one is a 2017 Kenworth 780 and has a pacar engine and eaton 10spd auto shift trany, twin screw with duals. The deciding factor for me was that this one has a 5 year/500,000 mile warranty on all the emissions and electrical parts which is where my main problems were on my old truck. It also has 750,000 miles on the engine/driveline. I haven't decided what to do for graphics yet, but will poat that when I get it done. That won't be for a while tho as the time lost for breakdowns has bit into the fun stuff budget a bit.

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The black is sure pretty when it is clean. Good luck with that clean thing!

dacaseguy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice ride. Dick

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Darn nice Jon, going to put a gold stripe across the hood? Rod.

Pastor John
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jon very nice rig. I would imagine you travel I-80 thru Iowa from time to time. Give me a call if you are driving by the Brooklyn or Victor exits and we will have coffee. The Victor exit has a real nice Denny's and only minutes away from the office. Pastor John

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will!

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow!! Nice looking rig Jon!! Hope it makes $$$ for you. I was hoping to see a "double clubber" 5 & 4 sticking out of the floor!! Or at least an air shift auxillary!!

Paul A Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice looking truck Jon, hope you all the best with it. It looks like the beginnings of a Black Knight type theme going on. Lol.

Paul

olgentdc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with you fellas , and second the gold stripe .WOW . a black
knight Kenworth , IMHO Kenworth is a worthy brandto be aligned with CASE .. ,.. Now if Jon Agrees ,. just a thought JOn ,,. IT is YOUR TRUCK to PAY for . I would bet there is enuf designer talent here that Jon can drive and make money while some one comes up with a winning design Jon Likes ,.. just hope it don't cost to much money to get the theme done

olgentdc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

in the 2nd pix with the suns help .. I can see the large gold stripe already trying to present itself,.. anyone else notice it

shinnery
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With no 647001 on the side is that Dart's first O/O 2017 truck? No clue what the 64 part is. My driving days were back in Freightshakers w/Detroit Diesel 60 Series engines so what is a pacar engine. I sorta know Pacar is the parent of KW and Pete. The other engines I knew of were Cummins, Cat, Navstar and Volvo.
Bryce

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pacar is the kenworth/peterbuilt company. They make their own engine now. They have had it in Europe for
many years, but put up a factory hear a few years back and started making them here and using them here.

VAC400
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jon, That is one nice truck. I guess my question is why did you options for duals instead of the singles? Have a great day , Jerry from OHIO

Josh-nhihguy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good looking rig Jon. Makes my 2006 International look like an antique. Pictures are pretty bright for being taken at 10:58 PM!

Josh

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Made a big change! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was just what was available. If I got to choose I would choose duals, but the singles worked good too. If weight was an issue I would certainly take singles for the weight savings.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters