Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

good place to buy G70 chain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeeregreg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: good place to buy G70 chain Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looking to add a couple 3/8 G70 chains to my trailer, any one have recommendations on who is the most reasonable? or best quality? i like to get 2 20'
chains then split them in half and add hooks to cut ends so i get 4 10' chains that way. last ones i got at fleet farm and are holding up good, they
want $49 for a 20' chain plus $7 a hook.

johndeeregreg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: good place to buy G70 chain Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just checked ebay, i can get 2 20' chains and 4 hooks for 84.44 delivered to my door. is that going to be my best deal? not sure what brand but G70 chain has to meet certain specs right?

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: good place to buy G70 chain Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can find reasonable but it will be made in China. USA made chain will cost you twice the price of the Chinese chain. Take a look at US Cargo Control they handle both.

johndeeregreg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: good place to buy G70 chain Reply to specific post Reply with quote

is there much difference in quality or strength between us made chain and china made chain? don't get me wrong I prefer to buy us when I can but for twice the price makes me wonder if really that much better.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: good place to buy G70 chain Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Knowing the quality of the stuff I have bought that is from China I buy USA made. The chinese chain and US chains have the same specs.

bg/mo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: good place to buy G70 chain Reply to specific post Reply with quote

try your local implement dealer we sell chain ,its about as cheap as anywhere else

mj
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: good place to buy G70 chain Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-johndeeregreg wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:35:34 06/16/17) is there much difference in quality or strength between us made chain and china made chain? don't get me wrong I prefer to buy us when I can but for twice the price makes me wonder if really that much better.

All I know is that when I used China-made tire chains on a single axle Mack pulling doubles they were VERY prone to breaking BUT that was years back so they may be made from better steel now..... Question

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters