Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Eiminating Bahia in Bermuda

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnyquest69
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Eiminating Bahia in Bermuda Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience with this? I believe Cimmaron + is labeled for this but not sure. Wanted to see if anyone on here has tried this. Thanks!

johnyquest69
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Eiminating Bahia in Bermuda Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Meant eliminating.

Mo in NE tex
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Eiminating Bahia in Bermuda Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I help care for our local cemetery and use MSMA to get rid of bahaia and other grasses and weeds but remember is you use MSMA, you cannot graze for some time.

johnyquest69
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Eiminating Bahia in Bermuda Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! I'll see if that's an option.

James Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Eiminating Bahia in Bermuda Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have used Pastora to kill Bahiagrass and will not harm your Bermuda.

We have one Bermuda field and three Bahiagrass fields.

We make sure to clean our spray tank really good after using Pastora and before spraying the Bahiagrass fields with GrazonNext.

johnyquest69
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Eiminating Bahia in Bermuda Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! I'll look into that!

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Eiminating Bahia in Bermuda Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OT. Just curious why kill it? For purist horse hay customers? I planted some a couple of years ago as it is very hardy and grows where I
usually have gaps in my bermuda patch. Since Coastal has to be sprigged, lot better option than having to rip it all up and find a sprigger
with spriggs and get him out at the right time and all that.

Funny about horse folks. Was talking to a new neighbor about hay for his horses. He was talking the purist line.......I had to laugh to
myself. What kind of crap was his horses eating out in their untended field all summer? How many times have I seen horses side by side
with cattle in a shared pasture eating side by side on a bale of sorghum-sudan and never hearing of the necessity for a vet. visit.

johnyquest69
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Eiminating Bahia in Bermuda Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The bahia isn't as nutritious as the Tift 85 Bermuda, and it is also harder on the disc mower when cutting. I think the Bermuda would overtake it with the proper fertilizer, but was checking or chemical alternatives also.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Eiminating Bahia in Bermuda Reply to specific post Reply with quote

15 yrs back while cutting a field of Coastal I had a hay baling customer show me some "new grass" called Bahia. Today his old Coastal field has about 90% Bahia. I think Bahia is as difficult or more difficult to control than Johnson Grass. Did I state I hate Bahia grass????

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Eiminating Bahia in Bermuda Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim sir, would you share your reasons?

Thanks

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters