Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Lawn mower belt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russ from MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Lawn mower belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks like the belt on out 1542 Husqvarna is starting to fray again, where would be the best place to order a kevlar belt? I think the last one we ordered was pretty low quality. I have checked all the sheave alignment and the bearings seem good, so I think it's just a cheap belt. Thanks!

T.R.K.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lawn mower belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why don't you get one from a Husqvarna dealer or Sears Parts Direct. It would be OEM.

Mule Meat
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Lawn mower belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

V-Belt Global Supply.

http://www.vbeltsupply.com/

Should be a 5/8" x 97" belt for your 42" deck.

V-Belt Global is the best place I have found to get quality belts.

If you want a Kevlar belt search for part #B94K (around $1Cool.

I have found that Brush Hog belts last longer than anything else on my GTH2754 and I can get them quicker and for half of what a single OEM Husqvarna belt cost.. Best part V-Belts gets them to me quicker than the dealer.

Russ from MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Lawn mower belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks! That's the kind of answer I like!

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Lawn mower belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Also tractor supply has Kevlar belts. Bought several now and 5hey have held up very well .

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Lawn mower belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I responded to this in the TT forum.

ztrmowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Lawn mower belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

which belt ,probably hanging on the wall

Mule Meat
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Lawn mower belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-ztrmowers wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:20:36 09/08/17) which belt ,probably hanging on the wall

99% chance that it's the deck belt. The deck design on the 1542 leaves a little to be desired. To many flat plates and mounting bolts sticking up that they are hard on belts.

Armand
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Lawn mower belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been using the spray belt dressing for years and it has extended the life of my belts. I have a 5 year old 42 inch MTD and all the belts are still the original and in great shape. Of course cleaning the deck and removing the grass from around the spindles help also. Try some after installing the new belts. Not to be used on serpentine belts.

Vern
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Lawn mower belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stens.

Vern

Gary Singleton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Lawn mower belt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I buy all my belts on eBay lot cheaper and quick delivery if you have PayPal.Just enter model number. Or belt number that can be Found on schematic of your mower model if not known Google mower model number get schematic look up belt use that number

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters