Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

WC Allis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwillett
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: WC Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That hard starting 1936 WC b=now won't run unless the choke is fully closed...Help

Ted in NE-OH
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Starving for gas. Fuel restriction in tank, outlet,line or in carb. Probably junk in bottom of tank.

bwillett
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: WC Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. Good places to start the adventure.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: WC Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would start by pulling the carb drain plug and make sure you have a good steady flow of gas that will fill a pint jar in under 3 minutes. If you have that at the drain plug you carb needs to be rebuilt/cleaned up. If you do not have that then work your way back to find where the flow gets slowed down. If you cannot find a flow problem then the float maybe sticking

bwillett
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gonna try that next time I go out to where the tractor is stored....

bwillett
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Finally got out to the farm, today....tested the flow, and it is real good...Took the carb off and brought it home. The float has gas in it, but I can't tell how it got in, not a damp spot on it. It has been brazed a couple of times, tho'. The float needle seems to be okay.there is a lot of play in the throttle shaft...

tractorguy2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would replace the float. If it's been repaired several times. The extra solder makes it too heavy.
If you shop the online parts houses. You should be able to find a kit with a new throttle shaft. If you need bushings you can make your own from K&S brass tubing available from many hobby shops.

bwillett
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To finish the story. I bought a used carburetor from a man that parts Allis tractors, and a rebuild kit from another vendor. I had my local mechanic rebuild it. He had to make the throttle shaft, because none could be found. He bushed the carburetor body, cleaned it thoroughly, reassembled it, and gave it back to me last Wednesday, I put it on the tractor this afternoon, and after about 8 cranks, it started and ran beautifully. I went up and down the road (about a mile), shut the tractor off with the kill switch, and restarted the tractor on the 3rd crank. Then I shut it off by shutting off the gas and letting it run dry....I am really happy.....

bwillett
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-bwillett wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:52:39 11/24/17) To finish the story. I bought a used carburetor from a man that parts Allis tractors, and a rebuild kit from another vendor. I had my local mechanic rebuild it. He had to make the throttle shaft, because none could be found. He bushed the carburetor body, cleaned it thoroughly, reassembled it, and gave it back to me last Wednesday, I put it on the tractor this afternoon, and after about 8 cranks, it started and ran beautifully. I went up and down the road (about a mile), shut the tractor off with the kill switch, and restarted the tractor on the 3rd crank. Then I shut it off by shutting off the gas and letting it run dry....I am really happy.....

bwillett
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just to go in a little deeper, the man that rebuilt my carburetor said that both jets were clogged......

Will Herring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: WC Allis Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good to know it was carb related. I had a lot of carb problems on one of my WDs, but ultimately found it was a rusty gas tank that was causing my woes. So if your problem reoccurs one of these days, you may need to look further upstream.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters