Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This may be a dumb question, but how are you supposed to get
to the gauges to change them? Does the forward section of the
dash panel come out without removing the steering wheel and
the aft portion of the dash? There's not enough length in the
the wiring of the ammeter to take the aft portion off over the
steering wheel. In fact, not enough to take the gauge out of the
dash, so I'm thinking it must have been wired in place.
The tach comes out easy enough, but my hand won't fit through
that hole to work on the other gauges.
Unfortunately, the shop manual I have doesn't cover the gauges.
Probably assumed it was so simple even I could figure it out. Rolling Eyes

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I take the battery out, makes it a little easier.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks PTFarmer, that would definitely help on my TE-20, but in
this case, taking the battery out doesn't help. There's still a metal
panel between the battery and the gauges. That's what I'm
wondering if it can be taken out toward the front of the tractor.
All of the gauges except the tach are enclosed between that panel
and the dash that holds the gauges, ignition switch, etc.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is no easy way, if you are going to put new gauges, and rewire it, its easier to cut the wires, pull the steering wheel, then pull the dash off. If you are going to rewire it you can do it with the dash off, leave the wires long, then bundle excess wire up after you put the dash back on. If you ever need to pull the dash to work on something you can unbundle the wiring, pull the steering wheel, and dash without cutting the wires.

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nothin but a major PITA to replace gauges on a 35. I did one last winter. I took the dash panel and cut most of the inside portion off. looks like heck but with the hood closed it is not noticeable. if you can find a helper with tiny hands that is a plus.

also in order to run the temp gauge correctly the battery tray should be removed. I did not do that and the new temp gauge line runs OVER the battery but it works.

have fun ! (no you won't)

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://photos.yesterdaystractors.com/gallery/uptest/a167510.jpg

don't know if this will work or not but the gauge on the right fit my TO 35. the one on the left did not.

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if it does not work the pic is on page nine (9) of the ferguson page.

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=ferg&th=131962

once again this time go to page ten.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Glad to know it's not just me!

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks.

Axtell
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Ferguson 35 Deluxe Gauges Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Royse wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:51:44 10/10/17) This may be a dumb question, but how are you supposed to get
to the gauges to change them? Does the forward section of the
dash panel come out without removing the steering wheel and
the aft portion of the dash? There's not enough length in the
the wiring of the ammeter to take the aft portion off over the
steering wheel. In fact, not enough to take the gauge out of the
dash, so I'm thinking it must have been wired in place.
The tach comes out easy enough, but my hand won't fit through
that hole to work on the other gauges.
Unfortunately, the shop manual I have doesn't cover the gauges.
Probably assumed it was so simple even I could figure it out. Rolling Eyes

I may have to eventually take a reciprocating saw or grinder/cutter, but I have started out with a 3 1/2 inch hole saw. I was tempted to go with a 4 inch but that would have brought me a little further right from the fuel gauge. Tried to cut the flattest area. I am replacing it along with the oil pressure gauge.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters