Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

How many UTU,N and E's with disc brakes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm-g706
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: How many UTU,N and E's with disc brakes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found a UT with disc brakes in piece no trans tag. Did the engine tag get record to what transmission tag it went with? Any ideas? Seen a late 1952 UTE 12 from end of production with disc brakes then also UTU 100 from end of production with drum brakes?

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: How many UTU,N and E's with disc brakes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have a 1952 UTE with drums. Also a 1958 UTSD-M with drums. Disc brakes on a 1956 UTSD special. Am thinking 1953 when 12v system was first used. In mid 1952 the first changes were made preparing for the 12v. MM used up older brake/crakcase setups for export.

mmfan55
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: How many UTU,N and E's with disc brakes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not positive: I am sure there are variations: but the disc brakes went into use on the UB. Disc also used on the hand clutch UT that over lapped the UB (53-55).

53ZBU
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How many UTU,N and E's with disc brakes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The U parts book shows brake pedal change for UTS 01207139 and after(1952),UTU 01108798(1951) and after and all UTE and UTN. These are the 2 brake pedals on the left replacing the 3 brake pedals,but there doesn't seem to be a serial split for the disk brake themselves.In this area almost every disk brake U and the ZA with disk brakes I've seen are equipped with the live power take off option. Just my thoughts but I think if you ordered the LPTO you got the new disk brakes and if you didn't MM used up the Bendix drum brakes. I've got a 51 U with disks and LPTO and a 55 UTS with disks and no LPTO and a 52 U with drum brakes. Just another of Molines production mysteries.

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: How many UTU,N and E's with disc brakes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In order to make lpto option work they had to be adapted to disc brake. Lpto bolted right on disc but not on drum.

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: How many UTU,N and E's with disc brakes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think 53 ZBU is on the money. I have also seen an older UTS with live power and the disc brake only on the left side and drum brake on the right, hooked to the 3 pedal system.

P.S. Some two pedal tractors have both pedals on the left, some on the right. I have a '54 UTS(D) diesel with both pedals on the right. I think the 2 pedals on the left were earlier.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters