Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1980 Lahman Skidsteer / Unlocking wheels / Manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhiner1978
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: 1980 Lahman Skidsteer / Unlocking wheels / Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In a bundled purchase I have acquired a 1980 Lahman Little Dipper. I need to move it this week out of a barn.

Does anyone know how to "unlock" the wheels to move it easier.

I haven't looked close maybe there is a gear shifter. There has to be some way to go from forward to reverse neutral etc..

Maybe someone has a manual somewhere.

Wisconsin Cowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 1980 Lahman Skidsteer / Unlocking wheels / Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only way it to remove the drive chains off of the sprockets.

jhiner1978
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1980 Lahman Skidsteer / Unlocking wheels / Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So there is no neutral? How do you change gears to go forward and reverse?

Wisconsin Cowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: 1980 Lahman Skidsteer / Unlocking wheels / Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is going to be two control levers one on each side. Move both levers foward skid moves foward. Move levers back skid drives backwards. Netural is when levers are centered between guides. Netural position is not a tow position can cause problems to pumps if towed.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1980 Lahman Skidsteer / Unlocking wheels / Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, two ideas that might help:
1) Look for a set of vehicle dollies rated for the weight of the loader, or more. However, the caster wheels on these things are pretty small, so if the floor isn't perfect, you may have some problems.

2) Get some lumber and make a skid for the loader to sit on. Using another tractor, pull the skid and loader out of the barn, where you can then have better access to lifting the loader up onto a trailer.

You might could also make the wooden skid to have wheels (castors) that are rated for more than the full load, and large enough to handle any minor bumps or holes along the way. Could probably get by with (Cool casters, depending on the caster specs.

....Of course, you could always get the machine into running condition in the barn and then drive it where you need.

markct
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1980 Lahman Skidsteer / Unlocking wheels / Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's hydraulic drive, like most
excavators and other hydraulic operated
equipment when there's no hydraulic flow
it's locked so it doesn't roll away.

jhiner1978
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1980 Lahman Skidsteer / Unlocking wheels / Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got the loader out of the barn and onto the trailer.

Now I just need to get it running.

Plan is to replace battery, ignition and or rekey
New Gas
New spark plugs
New oil

how do I check and fill the hydraulics?

jhiner1978
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1980 Lahman Skidsteer / Unlocking wheels / Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

New battery, new ignition, new spark plugs.

Cleaned the negative lead up. I will clean up the lines to starter and maybe run a new cable from the body to the engine next. Seems like all my issues with old cars etc is because of a bad negative connection.

Any other insights on what I should look for based on the video?

Just seems like it's not getting the juice it needs to turn over properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Pk2f_Vlw0

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1980 Lahman Skidsteer / Unlocking wheels / Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have a prime mover l1200, its a little bigger machine than yours, but many of the older skid loaders used off the shelf parts. here is a link to an on line manual for the prime mover. it may not be exact, but should get you in the ball park on general information. my hydraulic system uses a 10w40 old spec engine oil, but i found that 15-40 rotella is a good substitute. i looked at your video, if you pull the spark plugs out, does it spin unlabored? may be one of the hydraulic drive levers is not in the neutral position and the starter is trying to drive the pump also. heres the link
prime manual

RusTtrader
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: 1980 Lahman Skidsteer / Unlocking wheels / Manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congrats on the new toy, what motor is
in that? I have a case 1600 series,
thinkin mine is a 1625 or 1640, cant
remember now but mine has a 2 cyl Onan
I believe. I dont use it much but it
beats a shovel.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters