Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

2N Clutch

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mister Norborne
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My took my 2N out for a Fall drive around the block (about 1.5 miles) performed great, as it has in the past. Parked it in its stall (enclosed dry unheated barn). Returned the next
day to move it again.....started fine like always. Would not go into gear (any). Adjusted clutch and still would not go into gear. Restored linkage to original position and still not able
to get into gear. Any ideas what is going on? Did not try to pull tractor....and if I do is this the way to free a stuck clutch?
Also there is no port or opening in the clutch housing like the later models. I am stumped?

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's actually fairly common for the clutch disk to stick if the clutch
pedal is not blocked down. If it hasn't set for very long, blocking
it down and towing it around while hitting the breaks may free it.

The only fix for this one was to split the tractor and replace it.

Bruce (VA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What Royse said.........

And, once they stick, they will stick again.

Block the clutch.
75 Tips

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You said would not go into gear. Would it not let you move the shifter into gear or when you move the shifter it would grind not letting you move it into gear?

Kirk

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ditto what the others said. Adjust free play correctly.. then block it for a couple days.

Post back.

Mister Norborne
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in town........OK...thanks but what do you mean "Block" the clutch?

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Press the clutch pedal down, then block it. That way spring pressure stays on the stuck parts. Many times they just pop free after a while.

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like this!

Mister Norborne
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

great I will try the block......and get back to you .....give me a few days. thanks to all that helped

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good luck!

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ever get it fixed?

Mister Norborne
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: 2N Clutch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

have not had the time......work that tractor......i promise I will get back to all that tried to help me...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters