Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

mf202 loader valve

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brucemm445
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a mf202 loader backhoe and the loader valve spools are leaking.They seem to have detents in both positions,my question is can i just pull out the spools or or is there going to be pieces flying out.Thanks for any help.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the model number of the loader, if its a MF loader there should be a tag on it (see red box in picture).

brucemm445
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ptfarmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:15:40 11/20/17) What is the model number of the loader, if its a MF loader there should be a tag on it (see red box in picture).
ptfarmer thanks for reply the tag is missing but it looks exactly like the picture the valve has AICO on it.I will send photo when i get to machine.Thanks

brucemm445
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

pt farmer here are the photos of the loader any help appreciated thanks [/img]

shaeff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a MF 102 loader to me.

This valve would work, but you'd have to plumb it in through the original return port, make a new flange for the return in original location, or have a new return bung welded into the loader frame:

https://www.amazon.com/Prince-RD522GCGA5A4B1-Directional-Control-Position/dp/B000LDPO20/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1511290253&sr=8-7&keywords=2+spool+hydraulic+valve

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is Davis model 99 loader (MF bought out Davis), if you are in North America toy can log in as guest user on AGCO's parts website. Click om the view books button, enter the model number, and select MF from the drop down menu. Look for Davis 99 loader, the control valve you have is on page 16.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This may help the link to AGCO's website http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBooksN/login.aspx?region=NorthAmerica

shaeff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's not a MF/Davis 99.

The 99 had only one curl/dump cylinder and in stock form did not have down pressure on the (SA) lift cylinders, but the curl/dump cylinder is DA.

The 101 also had one curl/dump cylinder (DA), but the lift arms had down pressure (DA) cylinders.

The 102 has DA cylinders for lift arms, and two DA cylinders curl/dump.

shaeff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Info here:

put an "n" in front of "tractorclub" for the link to work. This site sensors links to many outside sites, unfortunately.

http://www.tractorclub.com/forums/manuals/messages/1189.html

brucemm445
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ptfarmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:12:01 11/21/17) It is Davis model 99 loader (MF bought out Davis), if you are in North America toy can log in as guest user on AGCO's parts website. Click om the view books button, enter the model number, and select MF from the drop down menu. Look for Davis 99 loader, the control valve you have is on page 16.

ptfarmer exactly what i was looking for thank you very much Bruc

shaeff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just make sure that the 99 uses the same spool valves as your loader if you're using that parts breakdown. As mentioned in the link above, 99s didn't have down pressure on the two loader lift cylinders. There may be differences in the spool valve, ptfarmer might know.

Also, rereading my posts above, I did not mean to come off as snotty as they kinda read! I was in a rush when I posted so I was a bit more curt than usual. Hopefully yours can be rebuilt. If not, the valves I posted earlier will get you back up and running AND add the option for float.

One last difference besides steel thickness on the 99 vs 101/102 loaders is that the 99 was not set up for use with a backhoe. Your loader appears to be from your pics, so I'm sticking with MF 102 is your loader.

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Depending on what you might need, you might be better off to replace it with a more modern valve. I ended up doing that on my 202 after an extensive search for parts and I have been very happy with the result.
Oh, and I'll second that being a 102 loader.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Inno wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:16:10 11/22/17) Depending on what you might need, you might be better off to replace it with a more modern valve. I ended up doing that on my 202 after an extensive search for parts and I have been very happy with the result.
Oh, and I'll second that being a 102 loader.

This is the better way to go if you can't find the parts should you need any for your valves like Inno stated.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The online parts book shows the parts for the 100 loader, but not the 101, or 102 models. The online parts shows the Davis 99 having the same type of valve that brucemm445 has.

shaeff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: mf202 loader valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ptfarmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:38:09 11/22/17) The online parts book shows the parts for the 100 loader, but not the 101, or 102 models. The online parts shows the Davis 99 having the same type of valve that brucemm445 has.

Only reason I was unsure is because since the 99 didn't come with the option to install a backhoe, there is no power beyond port on the valves. (I have a 99 on my machine, same style valves but no PB). I wasn't sure if that made a difference or not.

I recall someone, maybe inno, having issues sourcing the internal parts for the Aico valves.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters