Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I own a 1983 Ford 5610 with Cab, MWFD, and front loader. Can anyone help me identify which power steering pump I need? Unfortunately there were not many English style tractors like this here in the US in the early 80s so I’m having difficulty identifying the correct pump. Earlier this year the housing of the steering sector burst a piece out of it so I needed to replace it. The gentlemen helping me with the parts said I had the incorrect pump installed which provided either 2500 or 3500 psi (this led to sector damage)but he said I actually needed the one providing about 1100 psi. Problem is that now the steering is fairly hard to use so I’m wondering if they actually gave me the wrong pump or if I have another issue. I have attached pictures of the tractor, tractor serial number and part numbers of the steering sector and new pump. I think I really need someone that knows the English tractors to get to the bottom of this. Can anyone help me? So far all the dealers have been non-helpful to me. Really hope we can figure this out as I love this tractor. Thank you

FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bern
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

E6NN3K514EA does not come up in a part search, making me think they typed the number wrong on the invoice. Go out and get the number straight
off of the pump and reply back with it. Better yet, if you still have the old pump, post that one as well.

FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It’s is a good number as I just checked it. For some reason it’s no longer in New Holland’s database though. Looking on the Net I have found suppliers that sell this part number though

Bern
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Link to supplier's website?

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pump # E6NN3K514EA was changed to E6NN3K514EA99M and superseded to 87759440
It shows to be a good number for a ps pump on a 5600 without cab and is rated for 1100 psi.

The correct pump for a 5610 is E6NN3K514PA99M which is superseded to 82858430 but no psi rating is listed.

The highest psi pump I could find was 1600 psi for a backhoe with hydrostatic steering, the pump for my 4500 industrial makes 1250 psi.
If your old pump was making 2500-3000psi someone shimmed the heck out of it.

The added weight of the cab, MFWD and loader puts a lot of stress on the older style steering sectors and is likely part of the reason Ford changed them to hydrostatic steering in 85.

You can get the correct pump or see if someone can tell you what the psi is for the correct pump, you could have the pump you have shimmed for more pressure but I wouldn't get to crazy or you'll be replacing the sector again.

PS: the tractors serial numbers didn't show so I was wondering what makes you say it's a English model, the sliding back glass in the cab is normally only seen in US models, on EU models the bottom of the back glass normally flips out.

FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Destroked 450 wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:25:10 11/21/17)
It shows to be a good number for a ps pump on a 5600 without cab and is rated for 1100 psi.

The correct pump for a 5610 is E6NN3K514PA99M which is superseded to 82858430 but no psi rating is listed.

The highest psi pump I could find was 1600 psi for a backhoe with hydrostatic steering, the pump for my 4500 industrial makes 1250 psi.

The added weight of the cab, MFWD and loader puts a lot of stress on the older style steering sectors and is likely part of the reason Ford changed them to hydrostatic steering in 85.

You can get the correct pump or see if someone can tell you what the psi is for the correct pump, you could have the pump you have shimmed for more pressure but I wouldn't get to crazy or you'll be replacing the sector again.

PS: the tractors serial numbers didn't show so I was wondering what makes you say it's a English model, the sliding back glass in the cab is normally only seen in US models, on EU models the bottom of the back glass normally flips out.

Sorry didn’t realize the serial number didn’t post correctly. Hopefully it works this time. Great info so maybe we’re making some headway.

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

C713039 shows you're tractor to be a early 84 US model.
I can understand part of the confusion in thinking it was possibly a English model, personally I can say it's the first early 5610 cab model I've ever seen with MFWD.

FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well that explains a lot then. I went to my dealer and thought it was a US-made tractor but was surprised when they told me it was English. Anyway, just seems to be very little info on this exact tractor which brings me to my issue trying to find the correct pump. I really wish I would’ve kept the original pump or at least the part number off of the pump. However there’s no way to know if it was the original pump or not. So you still feel confident the part number you gave me is the correct one?

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Of all the pumps listed E6NN3K514PA99M is the only one listed for the early 81 to MAR-85 5610.
Farther search shows it's the only pump presently listed for 81-88 5610's.

Basically you need more pressure in order to steer with the added weight, but your limited to the old style steering sectors ability to handle pressure needed to steer with that weight plus the stress subjected to the sector.

Even with a empty loader you should be able to turn the wheels sitting still on firm ground, with a full bucket or round bale on the loader or in soft ground not likely, but steering should be fairly easy when moving.
The hydrostatic steering on my 6610 cab 2WD with a round bale on the loader in soft ground will stall at times when sitting still, but goes back to steering fine as soon as the tractor starts moving.

FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Destroked 450 wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:25:10 11/21/17)

So looking on eBay this pump can vary by $200 or so. Is there any differences in the pumps? Trying to decide on which one to buy.

FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is the part number I’m looking at as recommended. Per the specs looks like a maximum of 1300psi.

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went to eBay and looked at those pumps, apparently I have made a mistake.
E6NN3K514PA is for models with hydrostatic steering and does not have a pressure relief valve.
DO NOT buy one of those pumps!
That's most likely what was put on before that caused the sector failure.

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok I've rechecked info again and it appears there's some conflicting info on this pump.

They list some pumps with part number E6NN3K514PA having a pressure relief valve and others not having a relief valve.

The ones without a pressure relief valve are for 85 and newer models with hydrostatic steering.
Make sure the one you purchase has a relief valve for your older sector style steering.
Or you could take the one you have to a pump shop and have the relief valve shimmed to not over 1300 psi.

FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I think I found the old pump today. The manufacture is Dynamatic Limited UK. Type is 83960261. I wonder if its shimmed as it comes up on the net showing only 1100 psi? This was the pump installed on the tractor before I bought it when the steering housing went out.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters