Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Goodyear tire question.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crl800
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Goodyear tire question. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hear a little talk about Goodyear wavy bar tires. Some people say
there is a type that work good for pulling. I have a sharp pair of
14.9 super torque 6 ply. Just wondering how good they might be. Tried
to post picture but it isn't working.

535353m
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Goodyear tire question. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

every tire will work,with the right air pressure,none will be the answer for all tracks,conditions and soil types,moisture level and weight classes pulled,sharp is good,have seen Power torques work very well,tires need to be matched to power,air,speed,ect,good luck,you have em try em !!!!!!!!!!!!! MOST PEOPLE DON'T LOOK FOR GOODYEAR TIRES FOR PULLING,

MSD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodyear tire question. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have a set of 14.9's on my G. It works best on heavy wet tracks. Run low air pressure in them and just let them keep spinning you ahead.

crl800
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodyear tire question. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I took 18.4 field and roads off so I could paint the rims this winter. just curious if the wavy bars would be any good. might try them on a different tractor. Thanks for the input.

VicS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodyear tire question. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a pair of squiggly tread good years. Had practically no tread. Took them to Princeton Indiana to a NATPA winter pull. Got a First Second and Third. Put them on our WC made a Full pull and ended up third. Again at Princeton. Put them back on 435 and won 4000 at Evansville in. Rest of time was so so.

crl800
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Goodyear tire question. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I got a picture to upload.

Gary Mitchell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Goodyear tire question. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We cut and put a set of 15.5 x 38, 45 degree Goodyear tires on a WC a few years back. It would either get top percentage at a pull or stink the place up. Half a summer was enough for us. gm

stonerock
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Goodyear tire question. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

goodyears are no good for pullin, get a good set of stones, they will pull everywhere

LarryM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodyear tire question. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with Gary./ I have had these kick my butt and then on other days they do awful. They seem to work good on really hard tracks.

brutus49DC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodyear tire question. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sharp layed back Traction torques will work on some loose dry tracks but they don't like mud. Super torques look similar but don't pull well anywhere.

mdross
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Goodyear tire question. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tires the boys all seem to be using in our club are the 23 degree long bar tires. I have had exceptionally good luck with the Firestone Field and Road. Of course Firestone does not make them anymore forcing me to look elsewhere. My next step will be 18.4 x 34" 23 degree bar on the 70.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters