Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Smart phone, help with pics

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redtom
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm relatively new to the smart phone.(yes there is still a few folks left just switching). Up to this point I'm only texting and calling and a little googling. I've taken pics which are in my gallery (Samsung). Is there an easy way to direct me how to get them to my PC? I'd like to put more pics on this site and especially like use it to post pics of for sale items I have. Up to this point I've used a digital camera for that.

John730D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just send them in an email to myself. I do it at home when I am on WI-FI so I don't eat up my data plan.

t1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get the proper usb cable if you don?t have it and just connect it to your computer. It will appear as a drive and you can find your photos and copy them to your PC. Phone will also charge while plugged in.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just got rid of the old flip phone myself. Not that I wanted to, it started to no longer work. I think the provided brought on some forced obsolesce.

The new smart phone, well, it's a learning challenge. Have no idea what all it will do. So far it will make and receive calls, tell me the time and date, and has a calculator.

Same thing the old phone did, but takes me twice as long...

4play
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most of the wall charger cables are USB, unplug from wall adapter and plug into computer. The email method can be handy too, especially when away from home or your computer.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i still have a flip phone. im gonna use it till it no longer works.

1948CaseVAI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get a gmail account even if you don't want the email functions. You will also get some free storage on photos.google.com. Then add your account to your phone and set it to automatically back up your photos to the photos.google.com server. Then on your computer you open your browser and go to photos.google.com, log in, and viola! You can then save them to the computer at your convenience. No cables involved.

oldseabee
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use the Bluetooth fuction to send Pics over to my PC.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-t1 wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:31:10 12/01/17) Get the proper usb cable if you don?t have it and just connect it to your computer. It will appear as a drive and you can find your photos and copy them to your PC. Phone will also charge while plugged in.

Whut he said... I just got a new LG phone has a Samsung used the Samsung cable hooked it to my phone from the PC I did have to figure out how to set it to load new pix only after it down loaded all my old pix I had transfer from the Samsung. I googled it, it came right up... Try google...

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Example

how to load pictures from a samsung galaxy s111 to a pc

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+load+pictures+from+a+samsung+galaxy+s111+to+a+pc&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiD4J_Z6efXAhUDymMKHWNpDzAQBQgmKAA&biw=1600&bih=720

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Another thing with your smarter than you phone;). I put a 64gig memory card in mine. Takes almost a year to fill maybe 2/3 of the card with photos, PDF files, manuals, etc. Go buy yourself a Western Digital Passport external drive. I have a two terrabite external. You will need to go through your laptop to down load your phone but you can dump everything into it with a little run time. Take a look on Ebay at number
332433376731. They now make 4Tb units for around $100.oo.
Remember many moons ago when Bill Gates said if you can ever fill up an 8gb hard drive you have way toooo much garbage in your computer??!!! I can fill that up with about 200 pictures from my professional camera.!!!

circus
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't have a cel phone. Seems like a scam to me. Phone is free then I pay forever for something I never use.
Transferring pictures is probably just a matter of getting the right cord.

Olliejunkie
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I never use my home computer since I got a smart phone. Post all my photos straight from phone. I had to install a photo resizer app on my phone.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Smart phone, help with pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1948CaseVAI wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:54:09 11/30/17) Get a gmail account even if you don't want the email functions. You will also get some free storage on photos.google.com. Then add your account to your phone and set it to automatically back up your photos to the photos.google.com server. Then on your computer you open your browser and go to photos.google.com, log in, and viola! You can then save them to the computer at your convenience. No cables involved.

Please! Do not set your phone to do automatic uploads to the cloud. Set it so that YOU choose which photos go out there for ALL the world to see. Yes, I know the cloud is SUPPOSED to be secure, but it ain't.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters