Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

2010 dozer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ivan in Mich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: 2010 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Were these any good. I don't know much about it as the guy was not home when I called

JDEM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: 2010 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tough finding engine parts. If it has an HL-R powershift transmission - can be extremely expensive to fix. That includes the 2010 or 450 series that took its place. If it is in good shape and priced right, I would not be afraid of it. If needs work - I'd run away fast.

As far as the engine goes, the diesel is one of the hardest to find parts for. 2010 gas not so bad and is exactly the same size as a 1010 diesel.

pinball
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: 2010 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the first dozer/loader I bought was a 2010. lot of the bugs had been removed from the earlier model. mine was a diesel. Good power in 1st gear only. Parts aren't easy to find. There is a design flaw in the motors. The cylinder come in a group of 4. So If one cylinder goes bad you have to find a replacement set which is sort of hard find and expensive if you do. At the bottom of those cylinders is a seal that keeps antifreeze from getting into the oil so when you change the oil you need to check closely and see if any antifreeze comes out first. The hydraulics on my loader was very strong. never had a problem with the hydraulics. Track adjusters were grease adjusted which was nice. If you find one hat has been well taken care off and not price to hi I would say by it but you have to operate it for what it is designed for. I for what I know now would never by one unless the oil levels in the rear casings were checked and the pan oil plug loosened just enough to see if just oil came out. Just remember to ask a lot of questions regardless how dumb you may think they are and If the person who has it cant furnish any maint records or you don't feel like he is being honest then you cant run away fast enough. I know there are some decent 2010s out there just got to find them. Good Luck

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: 2010 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unless if is dirt cheap I would run not walk away from it. The 1010 and 2010 tractors and the engine they had where some of the worst JD machines ever made and parts if you can find them cost an arm and leg.

Ivan in Mich
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK thanks for the info. I think I will pass on it

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Old can you go to the site and see what you think this d4 is. Dry air cleaner but pony start along the side of the engine. https://jacksontn.craigslist.org/hvo/d/4-tractor-dozer/6441139458.html

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Being on dial up it is hard for me plus you did not do the link so it would be a click to go set up. Pony starts can be a problem by the way.

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2010 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks , I think I have it figured out to be a 1959 , Dry type air cleaner but pony start so know I am close. Kneed deep in UC but has not been run in 4 years, man wants 2 thousand but will take less, has hydraulic blade with tilt. Make somebody a cheap dozer.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: 2010 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not run in 4 years and all says to me scrape value unless I can hear it run and rive it around

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters