Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Help figuring out loader compatibility for 3-cylinder Ford

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertfb
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Help figuring out loader compatibility for 3-cylinder Ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ever since I got my Ford 3000 I've been on the lookout for a light loader for it. I've seen probably 5-6 that would fit the earlier hundred series tractors but very few for the later ones. I don't really want to mess with a bunch of fabrication so I am hoping to find one that will go right on. Ideally it would be set up for a front pump.

I found this one https://newhaven.craigslist.org/grd/d/ford-loader-frame/6373441870.html

But it doesn't look like any of the loaders I've seen on a thousand series Ford. For one, it has only a single bucket cylinder. Second, it doesn't have the big casting at the bottom of the upright posts like the 730.

The seller says it came off of a 2000 3-cylinder and ran off the tractor hydraulics. Not the end of the world if that's the case as long as it is designed for the 3000 and not the 4-cylinder ones.

Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Help figuring out loader compatibility for 3-cylinder Fo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might be painfully slow off the tractor hydraulics, but if a front pump could work, loader frame being the oil reservoir, might not be all that bad to set it up that way. I cannot recall this arrangement on a 3 cylinder ford, front mount pumps are common on the older hundred series and should provide more GPM's. GP front end on one of these is not the best candidate for loader work, but for light use, you won't wear out the center pivot pin for a long time, all depends on how it's used. We had a loader on a 3600, it did not show a lot of wear for it's age.

jchewie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Help figuring out loader compatibility for 3-cylinder Fo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Search the interweb for 730 loader manual. Go to the n tractor club link for a description of the 730 series loaders.

Hogleg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Help figuring out loader compatibility for 3-cylinder Fo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a loader manual for when I was looking for a loader for my 2000 a few years ago. I will dig it up and see what it says about fitment. As I recall, it was 7XX loader numbers.

Never did install one on the 2000, deciding to get second larger tractor with a loader already installed.

John

robertfb
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Help figuring out loader compatibility for 3-cylinder Fo Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys, I think this is actually a "model 68 Standard" loader aka 19-117 and it is designed for the earlier 4-cylinder tractors. I don't know enough to know if it will fit my 3000.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters