Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

is there a place I can see what year my tractor is? or help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bakertim
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: is there a place I can see what year my tractor is? or help? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Ford, my dad said it is a 9N, but, I say its a Jubilee. The # by the left pedal is NCA 4024B, on the right side is NCA 7006B, the engine block is EAE 6015J, and the serial number is 640 over 80811 with diamonds. Thanks for your help!

Ken Olson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: is there a place I can see what year my tractor is? or h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it a flathead or overhead valve engine?

deanostoybox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: is there a place I can see what year my tractor is? or h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure enough.

Also see the history page on that site.
Smiths Old Tractors

bakertim
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: is there a place I can see what year my tractor is? or h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

overhead

HFJ
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: is there a place I can see what year my tractor is? or h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bakertim wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:08:50 12/04/17) overhead

that rules out any of the N series.

Mike Groom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: is there a place I can see what year my tractor is? or h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like you have a 1956 640 Ford tractor.The Jubilee series was only 1953,your body style is the same but not called a Jubilee.

bakertim
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: is there a place I can see what year my tractor is? or h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

as I am looking up the images of the '56 640, it sure does look mostly the same.. then again, so does some of the Jubilees and even some of the N's... Laughing

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: is there a place I can see what year my tractor is? or h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The NAA/Jubilee will have a big nut in the center of the rear
axle hub like the 8N does. A 640 will not have that nut.

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: is there a place I can see what year my tractor is? or h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Ford NAA Model, released in September, 1952, though technically was the new 1953 Model, and was designated the "JUBILEE" in honor of founding father Henry Ford's company's 50th year anniversary; 1903-1953. Many improvements over the previous 8N Model. It now had a 134 cu/i OHV engine and new hydraulics to name a few major changes/improvements. The '53 was the only true "JUBILEE" model, though the 1954 NAA was just that and only a few minor differences made. In 1955 the Hundred Series Models were released; the 600, 800, 700, and 800. The 600 was basically the same as the Red Tiger 134 NAA but some more changes made. The 800 Series offered even more including a new 172 cu/in OHV Red Tiger engine, live PTO. live hydraulics. By late '55 the tricycle tractors were introduced.

FORD N-SERIES TRACTOR SERIAL NUMBER LOCATIONS:

Tim Daley(MI)

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: is there a place I can see what year my tractor is? or h Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In September, 1952 Ford released the NAA Model Tractor, designated ?The Jubilee? in honor of the 50 year anniversary of Ford Motor Company and founder Henry Ford. It is considered the 1953 Model and was a huge improvement over the 8N model. The 1954 NAA was virtually the same with a few minor changes. The Jubilee had a nose cone badge with a wheat straw design and the words GOLDEN JUBILEE encircled around it. The 1954 NAA did not have those words on its badge. In 1955 Ford released the Hundred Series Models ?the 600, 700, 800, and 900 Series. The 600 was virtually the 1954 NAA with a few minor changes. Both used the new Red Tiger 134 cu/in OHV engine. The Jubilee/NAA/ and Hundred Series tractors all had nose cone badges with their model number on them, but don?t use that as the only identifier. Most parts had their numbers cast on them. Parts have their specific group identifiers, for example, tools all began with a ?17? and would carry the prefix code that part was first used on. For example, 9N-17014 identifies the Plow Wrench specific with the 9N tractor as first released. The part carried up through the Hundred Series models and never changed. A glance through your MPC will show you many more examples using 18, 40, 52, 81, A, B, 01A, and many other part prefix codes. Part prefixes changed when the part was redesigned and used on the new model. For example, the 1939 9N-10000 generator, after been thru the A, B, and C suffixes with minor changes, completely changed by redesign to the 2N-10000 upon its first use and release in 1942. The bottom line is you can?t fully identify tractor models by their part numbers. There are a few 9N prefixed parts on the 900 Tractor. Thus a 600 Model will certainly use NAA prefixed parts.

Tim Daley(MI)

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters