Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Farmall super m and Farmall 300 compatible parts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farmallfarmer95
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Farmall super m and Farmall 300 compatible parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi all, I have a Farmall super m that I just pulled into my shop to restore. A few months ago I bought a Farmall 300 with hydraulics and a wide front end. I did some measuring and it looks like the wide front end on the 300 will fit onto the super m which has the stock narrow front end. But I was wondering if anyone knows if the distributor mounted live hydraulic pump that's on the 300 will fit the super m? Just trying to get more hydraulics onto the super m without all the cost.

Tom Dowling
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall super m and Farmall 300 compatible parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

will not fit

D Slater
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall super m and Farmall 300 compatible parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pump won't work. If a IH wide front on the 300 the steering arm and frame saddle keeps it from bolting on without modifications or finding the right parts. Hubs, spindles and wheel bearings are lighter than your M narrow front if original 300 front. Other type wide fronts may adapt or need different things.

Bob M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall super m and Farmall 300 compatible parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are only few parts that will interchange between a Super M and a 300 - generator, gages, steering wheel, etc.

Farmallfarmer95
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall super m and Farmall 300 compatible parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I just went out to check for a model on the 300s wide front. No numbers or plates to identify it. But it doesn't look like a wide front End ive seen online and I can't seem to find a picture of one that's like it. The big difference I see is that it doesn't have the saddle that mounts to the frame rales on the tractor. It only bolts into the 4 holes under the steering colum, and unlike all the ones that I've seen that are only 4 holes on the block of the wide front that are spaced apart with no way to drill different holes because they're in the casting. This block has a solid piece of steel that the holes are drilled into(see pictures) Also the pivot point that's usually bolted to the frame rales with a saddle is actually apart of the front end that bolts under the steering Colum. The first picture of the wide front off of a tractor is a regular style wide front for a 300 for comparison. The picture of the two bolts shows how my wide front bolts to the tractor. And the other picture shows how there's no saddle

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters