Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

What's your Ford been doing?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tracto-man
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some of the tractors are already packed away for the winter, my favorite is still getting used daily though. Wink. Pulling some small logs around for the little cabin project.

What have you guys been doing with your Ford's?

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pick one! LOL

This one's getting an engine transplant, different tires/rims, new
brakes, radiator, front axle pin, carb rebuilt, ROPS removed etc.

The Jubilee loader tractor is working hard as always.
Here, removing the afore mentioned ROPS.

The 8N is getting the original engine rebuilt and a "restoration".

The 3000 with the cab has a recently added snowblower that I just
put new bearings in. It was a nice weekend to do that outdoors.

grandpa Love
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not much, except a friend from church came over last Fri and drove the 960 and 640 around the yard a while. He had never been on a NF and loved it. He also drove the cub and said he had never been on an offset. This is the guy who is looking for a 961D wf. Now he thinks gas is ok. As is NF. Good test drive!!

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

6610 hasn't done anything since we finished clipping weeds in pastures, need to unhook the brush hog and put it away
5000 has the hay spear on for feeding cows.
4000's hooked to the grinder mixer.
4000SU's still waiting in line to go in the shop to replace the broken crank.
4500's also in line for the shop, bearing making noise in the trans.
881's just setting around, may put the grader box on it tomorrow to level the bedding in the poultry barns, new birds coming in next week.

Got a neighbors 5030 in the shop replacing the clutch, should be done tomorrow.
Our Dodge Dakota blew a head gasket so I guess it'll go in before the 4000SU.

nashranch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 640 is getting a distributor rebuild. Really sloppy bushing....see the videohttps://youtu.be/oCOE62RhPbc

nashranch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 640 is getting a distributor rebuild. Really sloppy bushing....see the videohttps://youtu.be/oCOE62RhPbc

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 4500 TLB is slowly going back together, got the bushings on the front axle, and axle support, it can roll on it's own four wheels again.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 971D gets used a lot. Raking, baling, and most recently spreading some lime. It was great to go out at 40 degrees and have it fire right up. I had problems starting it for years. A few years ago I sent the pump out to a guy who charged a third of the going rate to rehab it, just to have it come back the same. This spring I took it to the local shop. It cost me $717.00 but it was worth every penny. It starts right up every time, cold or hot, and has a lot more power. It was worth every dime to get it done right.

Lynn Patrick
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My "new" 300 has been getting ready for snow w/Ford front blade & 3 point Cherokee blower.

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just sitting and running when needed. The 2000D is a '63 with about 3800 hours, I bought back in the late 80's, proofmeter intact and working, no wrenches on engine. The '65 3000D has close to 6000 hrs, I did an inframe when I bought it back in the ebarly 1990's...PO had removed air inlet hose to intake manifold. Tops worn out, bottoms were ok. No big repairs, lift cylinder kits and things like gens,starters and water pumps over the years.

Shetland Sheepdog
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

'82 5610 is on standby for snow removal.
'84 3910 is doing misc. property maintenance.
'89 5610-2 is doing the same as the 3910

Tom Bond
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This one is just sittin around waitin for some snow....

3020G
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 1954 Ford NAA is sitting in the barn waiting on next spring most likely. Don't have much work for it until it's time for it to rake hay and move equipment around. May get a paint job this winter, haven't decided yet.

fredstev
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pulling up about 400 ft. of down and grown over page fence so the deer stop getting wound up in it.

michford
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: What's your Ford been doing? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've never seen a snowblower impellor oriented the way yours is. Will be interesting to see how it works with the impellor situated like that.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters