Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Char Lynn power steering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdkid
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Char Lynn power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it possible to plumb my charlynn steering motor into my valve stack instead of using the belt driven pump? This is on a Farmall
M.

fastfarmall
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Char Lynn power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah but your going to need a flow divider, to control the flow, you can get one from differant places.

Bob M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Char Lynn power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can work only if your M has been retrofitted with a live hydraulic pump. If you use the stock belly pump, you will lose power steering whenever you step on the clutch.

And as FastFarmall mentions you'll need to add a flow divider to the system.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Char Lynn power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will need a priority valve and live pump, really a lot of work, I did that on my MH and ended up going to belt pump.

sdkid
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Char Lynn power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had not thought about a flow valve, and I do not have a belly pump. My loader pump hangs off the pto shaft. I was thinking of putting a T between the hose and the loader valve and supply my steering that way. I realize I will lose pressure with the clutch depressed. Been using the loader this way for years so its kind of habit now.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Char Lynn power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will lose power steering whenever clutch is pushed in either way, priority valve will prevent when loader is used.

Never did get too excited about losing steering, those pumps are cheap, much cheaper than priority valve.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters