Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

So sick of low ballers on Craigslist

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SodBuster87
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So I got a truck for sale on Craigslist. Made the mistake of putting on the ad "Will consider trade for tractor" so far I've had offers of an M5 that's worth about $2k . A B Allis that had a significant oil leak from front. A 300 utility that when I asked if uses oil, if the lights work, if it smokes. Etc. Hes like "um I'll get back to you" .Just getting sick of this. Truck I have for sale. KBB is $6k which I think is high. And thats the price as of a month ago. But the guy I bought it from gave me the lien release card and showed me the loan paper work and he financed it for $6,250 when he bought it one year before he sold it to me. So someone at the bank must believe the Kelley Blue Book price. Them bankers are usauly pretty in the know on what vehicles are worth. So I got it priced at $3,995. Which is what I think its worth. BUT if the bankers and KBB is right thats a hell of deal. So when people what to trade for something thats worth $4k on a good day and I put money to boot it realy takes the cake. Sorry for the rant. Needed to vent. Sod Buster

Greg1959
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SodBuster87- I had a Brother-in-law that used that
method.

He would buy a vehicle at auction that was well below the
KBB Loan value. Then he had a local friendly banker that
would finance the vehicle at full KB value.

Let's say BIL bought a vehicle for $2000.000 at auction
but the NADA Loan value was $8000.00. BIL bought the
vehicle. Then, local 'friendly' banker approved loan for
$8000.00 loan value on vehicle.

BIL would promote car as "You, just take over payments
and I'll give you the payment book".

So, he just made $6000.00.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is why I always list a price and forget about "trades" on Craigslist. I have bought a lot of things off Craigslist.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Me, too, JD.

Price is my lowest price and is firm. No trades.

Dean

SodBuster87
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure i follow. If he borrowed X amount of money he still owes the bank for the loan. He realy didnt make X amount he just borrowed it. And still owes it plus interest. The truck in question I paid cash for. About $4,250 actauly. So he lost the difference but wrote it off. Pretty much what I am going to do.. So regardless it comes down to how much a person believes in KBB. What a person actauly paid doesnt matter. My father lost a vehicle in a tornado a few years back. He paid $15k. Insurance totaled it out for $19k. What I paid for the truck has no bearing on what it actually worth.

SodBuster87
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SodBuster87 wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:50:18 12/06/17) Not sure i follow. If he borrowed X amount of money he still owes the bank for the loan. He realy didnt make X amount he just borrowed it. And still owes it plus interest. The truck in question I paid cash for. About $4,250 actauly. So he lost the difference but wrote it off. Pretty much what I am going to do.. So regardless it comes down to how much a person believes in KBB. What a person actauly paid doesnt matter. My father lost a vehicle in a tornado a few years back. He paid $15k. Insurance totaled it out for $19k. What I paid for the truck has no bearing on what it actually worth.
never mind I get it now. Sorry edit button dont work.

steve19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

its the price of doing business on CL. PITA for sure.

Married2Allis
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There certainly are alot of 'dreamers' on craigslist. Seems like most of them don't have any money. They just play with you. I just listed a tractor last month for what I thought was good price and all I got were tire kickers. Out of 15, just one came to look at it.

craigco
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't you just delete the add and
repost it with out the trade wording?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's what I was just gonna say,edit it. Or delete it and pay for an ad in the paper.

johnofnewhaven
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello. Banks and insurance companies are
clueless to real vehicle values! They use
publications like K. Blue Book and others
like value guides. These value guides are
VERY inflated! What many failed to take
into account is CONDITION. I am not a
dealer but my job has me seeing/working
with vehicle values every day. I see so
many people mislead on values every day. I
always say it's worth what someone will pay
you for it.

jimg.allentown
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Craig's list is nothing more than online classified advertising. About the same thing as putting an ad in the local paper.
For that reason, you will ALWAYS get lowballers. You will also get scammers. This is part of doing business that way. The scammers and lowballers have just migrated from the newspaper to the electronic media. Not much point in getting upset about it.

RobCons
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have seen both good and bad on CL and Face Book groups. Just something to put up with I guess. I have had fairly good luck buying items from both. Just picked up a 1992 F350 crew cab on Monday that I am happy with. Not exactly what I wanted but it will work for the price of $3500. Clean as a whistle, 199000 showing, and just as seller described. You just have put up with some idiots I guess.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hum ? And I was just thinking I'm sick of all the "high ballers" that think their stuff is worth a fortune ? Not to pick on you either but it goes both ways. I see so much stuff listed on there for years on end. The good priced stuff seems to go FAST !
Many of the things I list I have no clue what it may be worth so I put a price on it and see if I get calls. If not then I start dropping the price until the phone rings.
This type of stuff has been going on since the beginning of time. Craigslist just "draws" in more of them.

JF in MI
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: So sick of low ballers on Craigslist Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I buy and sell so much stuff online it's sickening. One thing that is common is that people price their items based on what they see other people
are asking for something similar. NOT pricing their things like what is actually SELLING. I have seen a lot of these "good deals" sit for a year
or more. I sell things because I want to get rid of them. If I "loved" them I wouldn't list them in the first place. People shop online because
that's where the deals can be found if you're willing to search enough. The reason people make 'low ball' offers is because sometimes it works.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters