Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Pearl Harbor

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weldon K
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

December 7, 1941.
76 years ago today . Let us never forget.

wally_mi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i was only four years old, but i rember. i used to have a ford gpa that i would put in parades. i had three pearl suvers that would ride with me. they are all gone now, and so is the gpa. i wont be around much longer but i rember. wally

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pearl Harbor?!!! Sheeze! People have forgotten 9/11 already and you want them to remember Pearl Harbor?!!!

Pretty sad state of affairs. Evil or Very Mad

JF in MI
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Amen. These days too many people are willing to give away the freedoms that so many died and are still dying to protect.

Ken Macfarlane
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It also shows the hazards of containment and trade embargoes trying to constrain an aggressive nation. It will be interesting to see what Russia does the next few years.

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will never forget, I had a older friend that has since past, that lost his brother on the USS. Arizona.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you!

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was going to add how few are left. The time line just keeps on a moving . Humbles you.

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Remember it well. It was my 7th birthday.

Yep, I'm 83 today.

4wdtom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If people do forget and we don't carry a big stick, (while walking softly), something like it will likely happen again. Peace is the ability to kick their asss.

muleman51
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Dad who is 92 was threw Pearl Harbor on his way threw to the south Pacific. It was so devastated and ingrained in him that he never ever wanted to go back to Hawaii. We always thought he would enjoy it, but would have know part of it. Those veterans saw and endured so much. They were not alone as many of our veterans young and older have many demons in their memory. I hope and pray they all can be consoled.

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dad joined the Army on his 18th birthday in 40 so he was already serving when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor.
Being in the Army he ended up in Europe as part of Patton's 4th Armored Division, was badly wounded at the Rhine a little after they freed Bastogne. Passed away 41 years ago at 54 years old

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Happy birthday Goose!

JF in MI
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is another interesting story involving today's date that I didn't know about.
USS Ward

olgentdc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Pearl Harbor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Amen !,,.. My Dad was like Yours ,he lived to age 93 .my son and i took him to Hawaii in 1999,. He opened up and told us the good things about being in the service,and stopped short at battle story times ,.I Knew He and His Neighborhood gang enlisted straitaway , They had a sign up for "Immediate combat in the S Pacific " Dads B-i-L jumpt in, went strait to the Solomon s Ils. ,,He went on to make the bull gears at IHC and we lost him this week 4 yrs ago ... Dad got sent into 4 different island campaigns ,. they shipped him to Honolulu hospital for injuries 3 different times ,one time at the hospital ,FDR came thru there and he shook his hand ..he was a amphibious tank 27th infantry ,under Holland Smith , they went with the marines ,. Saipan nearly killed him

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters