Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cash accepted .....

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crazy Horse
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Going out for lunch next week with some former guys from work, thought I'd check out the place on line and see what others had to say. Sounds good but in the info posted by the restaurant, it was noted that they accepted cash. I guess that's news nowadays, not sure. I've never seen that before. When we do go out, the other 3 all pay with debit cards (like maybe a $15 hit), I always pay with cash but obviously I'm a bit out of date. Well, I'm glad they take cash, that's a bonus. Do you think there might be places that don't accept cash anymore?

Eldon (WA)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Crazy Horse wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:07:18 12/07/17) Going out for lunch next week with some former guys from work, thought I'd check out the place on line and see what others had to say. Sounds good but in the info posted by the restaurant, it was noted that they accepted cash. I guess that's news nowadays, not sure. I've never seen that before. When we do go out, the other 3 all pay with debit cards (like maybe a $15 hit), I always pay with cash but obviously I'm a bit out of date. Well, I'm glad they take cash, that's a bonus. Do you think there might be places that don't accept cash anymore?

A local butcher shop is running a special on a pork package. The website they have as a link has no provision to pay cash or check, just ebt or debit/credit. I emailed and asked if they took cash....no reply.

grizz02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

its all about bitcoin virtual money don't you know l.o.l.

Harold Melius
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went to a local appliance store a year or so ago and picked out a stove and dishwasher. They would not take cash and I didn't have my checkbook or credit card. They just told me to give the man a check when he delivered the items. Strange way to do business.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, the number of businesses refusing cash is on the rise.

Especially restaurants. So few customers use cash, it has become a liability for them to have to keep change, hire and train employees to make change, and be responsible for the register.

And I can see why the appliance store doesn't want cash. Too much danger of robbery, both at the store, and the person that has to carry it to the bank.

Two Dogs
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Has the phrase "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private" lost its meaning as well as some basic parts of the Constitution? TDF

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll have to check into that virtual money since I don't have much actual money !

M-MAN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anything's possible now a day's, but if there is one that doesn't accept cash they are breaking the law. (read the fine print on any bill in your wallet)

jimmyO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use cash for small stuff, under $15 or so. Above that it varies. Credit cards are best for larger stuff, like trailers and online purchases. I once tried to buy a truck on a CC, and they wouldn't take it.
The issue is the fees, which are atrocious. Between the swipe fee and the percentage, merchants can actually lose money on a small transaction. And if you buy a $13,000 truck on a CC, at 3% or so, the merchant takes a big hit as well.
All that balances against theft, robbery, mistakes, etc.
It's all in the balance.
Jim

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can see a valid reason for it. Plastic only payments comes because of attrition, employees with sticky fingers or employees making mistakes giving back change. In high crime areas, no cash in the register might deter thefts.

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you noticed that often a "news" story involving drugs or weapons will mention a large amount of cash? What's illegal about having a large amount of cash? This is an insidious effort to criminalize cash. I heard, fairly recently, that the maximum bank transaction using cash(without being reported to the feds) had dropped from $10000, to $5000.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's another way to keep track of every thing you do.

dlbuck
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was at a restaurant on Long Island in New York last August. They would only take cash no checks or plastic. The place was packed , food was great.

ADB-Ia
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Took the family to eat at Lambert's (Home of the throwed roll) in Springfield, MO a while back. Pulled out my credit card to pay - they only take cash. Glad I had put a couple hundred in my wallet before leaving home or I'd probably still be washing dishes.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess if I was at a restaurant where they told me after I was done eating,that they didn't take cash,I'd be doing dishes or they'd be giving me a free meal.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters