Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cash accepted .....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Plastic is almost always backed by a major credit card corporation, so the vendor is always guaranteed to get paid no matter what.

No risk of someone writing a rubber check, or passing of counterfeit bills.

Plus the whole deal about making change. Even if the register tells them the amount to give back, the kids don't retain the knowledge of how to make change.

Plus it's all too tempting to skim off the register with things being so tight for everyone financially.

37chief
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is an old restaurant in town that only accepts cash. It's been said John Wayne broke up a fight out side this place years ago. The old guy that owns the place will never turn away someone with no money for a meal.Stan

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Didn't you ever see the sign that said "In God we trust. All others pay cash"? LOL

DoubleO7
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-M-MAN wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:49:08 12/07/17) Anything's possible now a day's, but if there is one that doesn't accept cash they are breaking the law. (read the fine print on any bill in your wallet)

No federal law is broken. In MA, yes but no where else fed or state.

Russ from MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If they don't accept cash then how do they pay their undocumented workers who get robbed on the way home from work? And they don't dare report it because they are illegal!

unc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here in the frozen north, our Federal Government Passport Office will not accept cash. The government prints the stuff by the bushel, yet they will not accept it in their own departments.
A few years back, our local trash commission decided that they would not take cash at the landfill site. I protested this, and was publicly shot down in flames by a councilor. After six months of bum cheques and ditches filling up with old mattresses and chemical jugs, the commission re-thought it's position and decided cash was okay.
Not to hijack this thread, but we are now being told by governments federal, provincial, and local, that we can only access certain services if we go ON-LINE! If people protest that they don't have a computer, they are very snottily told they will have to go to the library, or have a friend do it for them. I'm beginning to know how my Grandma felt when she was continually told that she HAD to get a telephone! unc

ArleninOr
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike, virtual money as in "I have virtually none".

Pappy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife and daughter eat at Lambert's in Ozark, MO. She pays by check. No problem.

coshoo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty easy solution- if they say they won't take cash, just lay the proper amount on the counter and walk out. They'll figure out some way to cope with it. If they call the cops, the cops will have a good laugh about it.

Little different story if they have signs all over the place about not taking cash- then its on you, and you need to either find a way to make it work, or find another place (and be sure to tell the proprietor why you're going elsewhere).

I do think that if I was trying to run a business in one of your rougher areas of large cities, I'd be cards only, too- with signs all over to that effect. The biggest obstacle to businesses in those areas is that they get robbed about 3 times a night. Notice the liquor stores are all fortresses.

ADB-Ia
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know if they would take a check from 350 miles away. My son lives there and could have paid but I was glad I had the cash.

ADB-Ia
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Saw the sign but didn't know they meant it. And if God did walk in they would probably want cash from him too. LOL

JoeM(GA)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sadly, not totally correct, read the last paragraph of this -
FAQ from the Federal Reserve

ztr mowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tried pay for cab years back not take cash, i had to find one my friends for ride that night. i have also quit taking credit cards in my business, that 3% can reall add up all time and you can,t get it back

Dave H (MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree. One of the most foolish comments I ever heard was that I "MUST" take credit cards to be competitive in business. That is absolute nonsense and it was a fella here who said it. I have never taken cards and never will. Giving away 3% of my gross to a bank is one reason. Having my sales tracked by said bank and reported, by month, to the federal government would be another reason. Not supporting a system that creates inflation, damages families financially and steals your freedom of choice would be another. I could go on...

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Local small town chicken and pizza and bar place only takes checks and cash, no plastic.

There is nothing else in town population is under 100 but they added a second ball diamond and get a few more people from a distance passing through now for ball tournaments.

He finally broke down and put in an ATM machine, but still doesn't take plastic.

Couple years ago a couple from California passed through, had no cash. Could not believe he would have taken a check from out of state. They wondered what to do, said mail a check or cash when you get home. They were very (pleasantly) dumbfounded by all that, hadn't seen such a thing in their travels.

Paul

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters