Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Question on loader for tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MtFord88
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Question on loader for tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 54 ford jubilee I just picked it up Im looking for a loader, I found one of off a 9N Will that mount up and work on my tractor

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on loader for tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will have to rework the mounts as the jubilee is a bit longer than the 9N, have to do it at the back end as you would need the front end to stay same place.

Aldfaa
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on loader for tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is my experience with doing something similar: I found a Davis loader from a 8n, it mounted to the NAA tractor fine,
however a few pieces were modified so I wouldn't have to cut
the brake pedals, also custom floor boards where made. It did
work. However the hydraulic valves on the right side prevent
you from getting onto the tractor from that side. Also I had to
take the front lights off as they interfered with the arms.I have
lived with it for several years. But truthfully it took away from
the enjoyment of the tractor.
Fast forward to last weekend, my brother inlaw turned up a 54
with a Dual loader, it is a lot better, and seemed to flow with
the tractor better. It retains all of the front end sheet metal and
headlights. You can also get on the tractor from either side.
This biggest issue I had with it was they gut out the front grill
to clear the hydraulic pump.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on loader for tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1954 is an NAA not a jubilee. Almost the same but not the same since the Jubilee was the 50th year model and did in fact have a different emblem and yes I am a purest.

That said as for a loader to fit from a 9N maybe, maybe not since some where made just for the N series and other for the N series up to the 801 series just had different mounts

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Question on loader for tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, not a bolt and go. Look for one off a Jub or 600 like a 703
loader. Smaller bucket. Easier on front end and your arms with
no power steering

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Question on loader for tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You do know that a loader will turn that
nimble little Ford into a dreadnought to
drive don't you?

Ray Tractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on loader for tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a freeman loader available for cheap that came off a 4 cyl 4000. It is the trip bucket type, but it works for
many jobs. Southern Indiana.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters