Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Surprised by tractor starting!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Surprised by tractor starting!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was surprised by how well a JD 2755 started tonight. I got into a trading deal this weekend and ended up with this JD 2755. It is a former county mowing tractor. It had a side arm mower on it the majority of its life. It has the creeper gear transmission. The Tach shows around 9200 hours. It runs very smooth. I always liked the JD 2555 and 2755 tractors. Never sold many around here but they always ran really smooth. I know the fellow that ran this for the county. He is a real good equipment person. So this tractor was not beat to death. Sheet metal is really good. I planned on painting it and prettying it up then selling it. Now I am really thinking about keeping it.

I loaded the tractor up Sunday night right at dark. I left it on the trailer and parked it in the shed. I kind of forgot about it. LOL Well It was 50 degrees when I loaded it up. This morning it was 16 and never got over the high 20s. Right before supper it struck me that I needed to unload that tractor so I could take the truck/trailer to an auction tomorrow. I looked at the thermometer on the pickup, 19 degrees. To even make it worse I had left the key on after I loaded. I got on the tractor figuring dead batteries and time in the heated shop to start. Hit the key an it cranked over maybe three times and started running. Knock me over with a feather!!!! I would have bet some good money it would not have even cranked over after setting four days with the key left on.

I am really strongly thinking of keeping it now. The hydraulics are quite and work well. The steering is tight. It is a price fighter model but that would not mean much to me for what I would use it for. Mainly raking hay and running augers. It has a steel canopy too. So it would be a cool ride raking hay.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Surprised by tractor starting!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The county did well to get rid of it ,the best is more than gone...no matter how well it starts..

SVcummins
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Surprised by tractor starting!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always wanted a 3150 or 3155

Hotflashjr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised by tractor starting!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We traded off a 2555 2wd with the turbo engine this past spring with 5800 hours or so on it. I really liked that tractor. Had a plastic JD canopy on it. Everything on it worked and worked well. However it hadn't had regular hydraulic maintenance before I started running the farm I work at. Changed the fluid and filters in 2015 and they were a mess. Plenty of water in there. In the two years past that it started showing signs of hydraulic issues developing. I hated to see that tractor go but I also knew it was only a matter of time before some big repairs were coming.

If you plan to keep it I would drain the hydraulic oil and check that sump screen. I think that would tell me if I would keep it or not.

Tech 7
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised by tractor starting!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty tough to beat a 55 series.

ozarks
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised by tractor starting!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-SVcummins wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:56:26 1
2/07/17) I always wanted a 3150 or 3155
-----Got one I could bring to you

JDEM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Surprised by tractor starting!!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had awful problems with cold starting with the 40 series tractors when new. We had endless updates from Deere to try to fix. When th 50 series came out, there was a night-and-day difference and they were much better. 55 was better yet. Only complaint with the 55 series when new was the 4WD versions. Many got shipped with the wrong gears driving the front axle. We had to split many new tractors to put the correct gears in.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters