Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Any one ever rebuild an instant reverse transmission?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danielfire50
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Any one ever rebuild an instant reverse transmission? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I just finished putting the transmission back together and back on the engine. So far so good. It appears to work but I haven't load tested it yet. I still have to finish reassembling the FEL and body before further testing. It was a bit nerve racking getting the transmission lined up even with the guide rods but it eventually went together with minor adjustments and moving the flywheel.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Any one ever rebuild an instant reverse transmission? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds about normal putting it back together, so it works (so far) with the new flat plates instead of the old cupped ones?

Danielfire50
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Any one ever rebuild an instant reverse transmission? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So far but that is only spinning one of
the wheels in the air. I still more
assembly before I can drive it.

Danielfire50
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Any one ever rebuild an instant reverse transmission? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes I used the new flat plates.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Any one ever rebuild an instant reverse transmission? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The one wheel spinning while its in the air is the differential is working, your tractor may have another pedal to lock the differential as needed.

Danielfire50
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Any one ever rebuild an instant reverse transmission? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know. I jacked up one wheel to see if
the transmission was engaging at all. I
was worried about the small sealing rings
on the oil supply tube of the input shaft.
They didn't go together easy.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Any one ever rebuild an instant reverse transmission? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's why I'm glad my 1965 MF2135 industrial is a manual shuttle with a clutch. I bought a 1971 Ford 4500 TLB with the instant reverse/torque converter deal, I swapped it out for a regular Ford 6x2 manual transmission with a clutch. For what I'm going to use it for on the farm I really don't need the instant reverse/torque converter setup. The Ford instant reverse also doesn't handle/like heat too much so I'd figure I'd kill a lot birds with one stone.

Danielfire50
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Any one ever rebuild an instant reverse transmission? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I understand that. After buying most of
parts for transmission I think I could
have converted it to manual cheaper or at
least about the same price.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters