Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cleaning up dads farm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomstott4570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brother and I recently took over dads farm and I am in process of cleaning up some equipment. Hate to scrap some of it but never going to use it again. Where is a good place to look for new homes for it? Money not a major concern on items as scrap price is low, just like to help someone that may need a part. Thank
You.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Advertise here, local/regional shoppers, craigslist, tractor clubs. Stating your location is important.

Tomstott4570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a brand new wooden bat reel I am told goes on a case 1160 with a 18 foot head, stored inside since 1972, a tr 70 that was cutting grain 3 years ago, a white 8800 that worked 5 years ago- ate a rock and broke main drive belt, 20 foot grain header that went on a 907 new holland swather- no canvas, neighbor bought swather and left grain head. I am in north central Montana. Hate to scrap it, I have been the guy looking for parts before so would like to get someone to get something out
Of them. Let me know if anything has interest to anyone.

GreenEnvy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Were abouts are you? I?m over by Sunburst north of Shelby. My email is open if you don?t want to post on here.

Tomstott4570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Between choteau and Conrad. Just thought I'd see if anybody needs parts, I kinda like having stuff around to rob from, but when it gets to the point that the machines haven't been touched in my lifetime I figure I can let it go. I know some where in the world of small farmers like myself somebody is lookin for a hard to find old combine parts and if they can't find it their whole machine is now scrap.

GreenEnvy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was down in Choteau yesterday. Is what you posted earlier the only things you have or is there more?

Tomstott4570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That was what I thought someone on here might be interested in. Of course I could always come up with some other quality used equipment if you have something specific in mind! For those not familiar with Montana north of sunburst is a big area called Alberta, just kidding. My neighbor has some land at Sunburst and I spent some time up there with a floater truck a few years back.

GreenEnvy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is his name Loren H? What I?m looking for mainly is shedded
antique combines or a NH 77 baler locally.

Tomstott4570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, that's our neighbor. Can't help you with either of those. Relative has a cute little 410 Massey, but it was scrap ready a few years back.

GreenEnvy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We are renting his Sunburst farm. Wouldn't mind a 410 but it has to run. I've restored one combine and it was more then enough PITA. Thanks anyway.

Tomstott4570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will keep my eyes out for something unique. There is a flywheel off a 77 but me use it as a weight to keep the rodweeder in the ground between the caragana rows.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can use the 18' Case reel,, I have three 18" Case headers and need to replace my reel boards anyway, Now if I can get it a ride at least closer, I do have a good friend in Greatfalls that may be able to haul it or I get to Billings at times

Tomstott4570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nice! Let me get some pictures of it for you over Christmas. Was a combine my grandpa owned and uncle ended up with it, for some reason along the way dad bought a new reel for it and never put it on. Uncle scrapped combine years ago and the reel has sat there every since. My brother remembers grandpa running the case I guess it had an Chrysler gas engine in it ?

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes a 1010/1060 1160 and 1660/1665 used a 318 Chrysler for power, the 1010 was the first combine to use V-8 power, Thank you
cnt

Tomstott4570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning up dads farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok got into shed and roof fell on reel and broke some spokes. If you get close to
Montana you are welcome to it, other than that it still has a tag on it. Sorry I took so long didn't get the reply order figured out yet.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters