Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Several weeks ago I heard about a couple of Super 92 Massey combines for sale about 30 miles away..I have driven by this farm many times over the years but couldnt see them as they were in a shed..I called about them a couple of days ago but never got to talk to anyone...I was in the area today so stopped by and the owner was out of town...The Mrs did let me look at them but didnt know a price on them.....One is real nice and the other is probably a parts machine....Super 92's were few and far between in this area as they were just too big..

Tech 7
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll have to get my nephew to post some pictures. There's a 92 in the shed on the farm that my BIL and now my nephew has rented for 40 years. The combine has not been out of the shed in that time and who knows when before. I had seen some pictures of it a couple of years ago, the condition was amazing.

GreenEnvy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like the one has a straw chopper. I found a diesel Super 92 couple of weeks ago. Only one I have seen so far. Around here you wouldn't think Massey made any other combines except 90s and 92s. Didn't matter if you had only 300, 400, or more acres to cut. With our short growing season nobody wanted to spend 2 months cutting and that's why the biggest combines were always popular.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About 1968 or so we took in trade a MF super 92 with the dsl, first combine I ever seen with one, always wondered who Dad sold that too and where it is today,,
cnt

GreenEnvy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This one had a plywood cab someone made. Doesn?t look too bad for sitting outside. If the tires held air and I could get the engine running I might take a shot at it. I think my neighbor might own it and all the other junk around it. I need to find out either way because there are two Case LAs there too and one of them looks to be in excellent shape.

fastfarmall
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My neighbor collects old working combines, he has a super 92 gas,the bigger Chrysler engine, not bragging but it looks better than the one in the picture, So what did they have for a diesel engine, never seen one either??

GreenEnvy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perkins 305 I think if I read the tag correctly.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perkins diesel, I'm not sure what size.

There were a couple not far from me, in the Rolla, ND area, "back in the day".

Last one I knew of went through a dealer auction there in the mid 70's. I don't remember what it brought.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do not know what the model was but I am pretty sure it was a four banger, been a few years since I seen it lol
cnt

notjustair
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm still hoping to snatch up a super 92 to play with when most of the crop has been cut. Heck, this year it would have seen daily use as much as the 9500 was down.

fastfarmall
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A Perkins, ok kool, i know people in the Rolla area.

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a very nice one I think is for sale. Located in Southern MN. Anyone interested? I could find out more details.

TDS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Looked At Some Super 92 Masseys Today Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in central WI and would be interested

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters