Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Belt pulley and PTO Extender

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might be a good deal if you're interested in them.
Not mine, not affiliated. CraigsList - $40 for the pair

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good deal,even has the bracket for cordwood saw. That $25 buck
to someone who needs one

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good deal, even for the 1 1/8" PTO pulley but shipping will be expensive.

Dean

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I think of PTO extender it is to converta 1 1/8' pully to work on a 1 3/8" shaft tractor. I don't consider the shaft an extender as it was required for most any PTO powered machine, that is before the 3 pt mowers.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know of any Ford N series PTO extenders that were also 1 1/8" to 1 3/8" converters.

Dean

flembo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last summer I paid $75 for a ford belt drive without the bracket so I had to make one.

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have several of both, no need for any more but this is a helluva deal regardless. Yep, the special bracket attached is used only with the Cordwood Saw as no top link is required to run it. The saw has a 'wishbone' bracket that pivots and attaches to the pulley bracket. On the PTO Extender, I think they do go from 1-1/8 to 1-3/8 spline. I'll have to check my manuals but I'm pretty sure they were used on Dearborn implements like corn pickers, harvesters, spreaders, and combines that had the newer ASAE (American Society of Agricultural Engineers) 1-3/8 splined implements. My ad brochure says the extender was so newer implements could be used on the older Ford Tractors with standard PTO. I'll have to check one of mine next time I'm at the farm...

Tim Daley(MI)

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What I think of as an extender was just a block about 3" lond that bolted to the tractor and you bolted the belt pully to it and had just a short piece the was 1 3/8" on side that went on shaft in tractor with 1 1/8" on the end that went into the belt pully so you could use your old pully made for a 1 1/8" shaft on the tractor that was changed to the 1 3/8" so that the coupler from a 3 point rotary mower that would have fit the JD and Oliver with the bigger shaft to the older Ford tractors tha orignally came with the small shaft. But I think the later Ford tractors had a 1 3/8" shaft in tractor and that was to be able to put your 9N belt pully on your 800 tractor instead of buying a new pully. And the PTO shaft pictured was used for pull type implements. Ysed one on the 44 2N to power the combine and corn picker, also a flail green choper. You did not use it with the mounted mowers tho. I have 2 of those shafts, one for each tractor and also a belt pully.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Getting this 74 year old brain working again. The CORRECT name for the shaft he has is EXTENSION and not extender as the extension puts the end of shaft at correct position to work. To me extender puts it farther back and changes things so the PTO shaft would not align correctly. So an extender would be used between tractor and the extension. The correct name for what I was thinking he had is Conversion block and is only for use with the pully and not a shaft. And those conversion blocks are very scarce. Most would instead of buying that conversion block when buying a newer tractor with the standard size shaft in if they needed a pully would just buy the newer one with the big shaft so it would just bolt on without a lot of bother and putting that conversion block in made it so you needed a different belt for the mounted saw that used the bracket on the pully. That bracket on the pully made it so that lifting saw would loosen the belt and lowering it would tighten the belt. So it comes down to not factory name being used that confused me.

Scott(Ks.)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Years ago when I was using a small AC baler I had the extension that went from 1 1/8-1 3/8 shaft. It bolted to the four bolts on the power take off housing. I also had the V shaped drawbar with stay bars. It worked very well. I later put in a 3/8 inch shaft and a swinging drawbar.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is when you needed that extender or conversion to still use that same PTO extension on the newer eqyiped tractor.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Belt pulley and PTO Extender Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is probably the extension block you were talking about.

Or maybe this type

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters