Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

IH 46 baler with #10 thrower and wagon questions

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg oliver
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 46 baler with #10 thrower and wagon questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bill, I looked up Case IH 5420 on Tractorhouse and 5 listings popped up. The 5420 is I believe the last of the IH style bale knotter. The last baler is at Frank Walkers auction yard and could be my old baler. Thought that was funny as Catskill Tractor in Franklin N.Y. is where I bought the baler new in 1991. Franklin is a no stoplight town that was about 15 miles from our farm. Merry Christmas!

oldfarmall
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 46 baler with #10 thrower and wagon questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Bill VA wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:02:28 12/24/17) I?ve read anywhere from 130 to close to 200 depending on the length of the bale and how good the thrower operator can land the bales,

I don?t know anything about the #10 thrower, but did some searching on this forum and there are some posts regarding them.

Keep in mind that if you ever move to a newer IH baler, I?m to understand if they are if the all twine type, then you are into the New
Holland/John Deere style knotters.

Good luck,
Bill

Thanks all for answering my questions, got alot of info! Let me pose a few other questions related to this baler.

If I were to find a newer 430,440 with the All-Twine Knotters, how much more reliable are they at tying as compared to the knotter on a model 46 or 37,47 baler,noticeable difference or still touchy knotter?

How much more capacity will I gain from going to a 46 to a 430 baler? Can I bale at higher speed and force more hay through safely and effeciently?

Also, didn't the 435,445 baler have the upgraded deering knotter like John Deere and New Holland?

Thanks again for all the help!

-Jesse

steve terplak
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: IH 46 baler with #10 thrower and wagon questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

170-180 kicking into a 9x18 without stacking? 14x18x36" bales?! Not questioning...more impressed than anything else.

Best I have ever done on a 9x18 without stacking is 125. With some stacking and freely kicking I can get 140. With a man riding to stack (we do this if we know the hay is going to sit on the wagon for an extended period) we do 175.

Neighbor used to stack 250-300 on his Pequea kicker wagons for hay deliveries. He went 3 tiers above the top of the rack and used to haul them in tandem down the road 2x a week to deliver to a large horse farm. Pulled it with a JD4000 screaming the whole way up the hill.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: IH 46 baler with #10 thrower and wagon questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Another major factor in how many bales you can get on a wagon is how level your ground is. If you are on much of a slope your thrower is going to throw them a good ten feet further going down hill than up, due to your engine speed picking up. This results in more bales skipping over the top as you go downhill. Sure you can adjust it but it is still far from flat running where you adjust only for distance not for both grade AND distance. After you skip some over the top you are going to lose time by going after them after you hook up an empty wagon.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters