Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Rear blade identification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anybody recognize the brand of this scraper blade

2x4
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

kinda looks like my Woods brand blade

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks but I can?t find a woods blade that looks like it

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

good evening sv, I got a blade identical to that about 15 years ago that came with a ford 8n at a local farm auction, the owner said it was a ford blade that came with the tractor when it was bought new?? it had the same rear plate as yours that you dropped a pin into to set the angle, it swiveled a full 360 degrees.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There have been So many manufacturers of blades over the years that unless it has a tag of some sort I doubt you'll ID it.
It could be a Ford blade but I doubt it is from the N era.
The 9/2Ns would have been sold with a Ferguson blade while the 8Ns and Jubilees would have been sold with a Dearborn blade - none of which looked like that.
If it is a Ford blade it would have been from much later than the Ns.

cleddy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one similar to that. Is it 7 foot and does it have a blade tilt feature as well as rotating 360 degrees? A feature on mine is the blade is formed out of 1/4 plate with top edge formed back and reinforcing welded on the back. It has a cutting blade and is heavy and does serious damage on the drive & rock when trying to grade snow. The only mark I could find was an little aluminum plate with a number stamped on it rivited on one side. No one could help with the brand but since there are several around it may be Blue OX or some other "no name" company. cleddy

cleddy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can't tell from your picture but does it look anything like this one???cleddy

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

More pics

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks like an older King Kutter PRB series. Hit the link. I have the ford and although the upright looks close I don't think it's a ford blade.

King Kutter blade

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

good morning sv that blade kirk has a pic of here is the one I got with my 8n, I got a smile at kirks picture with his selection of wood blocks sitting handy at the shop door Smile I think every shop in the country has a selection of different size wood blocks around for jacking and blocking up equipment.

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I try to keep a different selection of blocks around to

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Rear blade identification Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies guys the only marking I can see on the blade is a model number either 750 or 75c

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters