Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

#1 Persian Orange

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccormicksw4
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found a DuPont Y2 074 paint Code on other sites that was supposed to be #1 Persian orange. I wasted $30 IMHO as that looks like Corporate orange Anyone know the proper Dupont code. if I wanted any old orange paint I will buy it a TSC
Thanks in advance

DrAllis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is from years ago, but Dupont "Dulux" was #008. Now, that is definitely old....number 8. Don't think the Dulux product is available anymore, but that's a place to start.

mccormicksw4
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[

thanks Doc
I just noticed I made a typo it should be YS 074

Rod (NH)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've had much better luck in the past with PPG instead of Dupont for that early persian orange. I settled on PPG60080 as the best match see the link:
Persian 1 vs Persian 2 in PPG

mccormicksw4
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

now that's the #1 Persian orange I was looking for! I wish I could get the Dupont code
Thanks Rod!

DPittman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The reason I'm asking this question is for my education. What's the difference between Persian Orange and Flambeau Red? I thought the "red"
was what everybody else calls orange on Allis Chalmers. The other reason I ask is cause when people call my prairie gold Molines "yella" it
kinda rankles me a bit. I don't wanna be that guy when l'm looking at a beautiful WD at the tractor show

mccormicksw4
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Dpittman wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:04:45 12/30/17) The reason I'm asking this question is for my education. What's the difference between Persian Orange and Flambeau Red? I thought the "red"
was what everybody else calls orange on Allis Chalmers. The other reason I ask is cause when people call my prairie gold Molines "yella" it
kinda rankles me a bit. I don't wanna be that guy when l'm looking at a beautiful WD at the tractor show

Flambeau Red is a Case color. The last orange Allis used was Corporate Orange which seems to be what many guys paint old AC tractors and even though IMHO its a nicer color is does not look right

steve(ill)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

these are the original codes for PO 1

Ditzler DAR60080, I show the following codes for P.O. #1:
Martin-Senour paint 99L3723 or Martin-Senour 90R-3723
TISCO TP280
DuPont DULUX 008DH
DuPont 008 OR
DuPont Centari YS 074

mikebol250
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mccormicksw4 wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:58:55 12/29/17) I found a DuPont Y2 074 paint Code on other sites that was supposed to be #1 Persian orange. I wasted $30 IMHO as that looks like Corporate orange Anyone know the proper Dupont code. if I wanted any old orange paint I will buy it a TSC
Thanks in advance

I painted my D 17 General Lee orange from Restoration shop colors online. looks sharp with arctic white wheels.

Shawn peterson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

persian orange #1 is same as 1986 chevy
350 engine block color. Exact match.

racsan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

... oddly enough i always thought the general lee WAS allis chalmers orange.... had no idea back in the day that allis used more than one "orange".

X-Y switch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: #1 Persian Orange Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is really complicated or simple, don't know which yet, will work on it, lol. Harry

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters