Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cold Weather Package

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TOOH and I both drive BMW sedans equipped with cold weather packages. She came in the other day all excited because after 4 years she just discovered that unlike mine her's has a heated steering wheel. So this morning I came in with this picture and told her that after 20+ years I just discovered my old Kubota has a heated seat and steering wheel as well. She was not amused Wink

TOH

PS> The real reason for the heater - loader valve was iced up and I was not in the mood to wait...

PPS> Did I mention that I rate the joy of plowing snow just barely above a colonoscopy....

Bruce (VA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cold weather package?

Isn't that a round trip ticket to Orlando? Wink

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Bruce (VA) wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:14:05 12/30/17) Cold weather package?

Isn't that a round trip ticket to Orlando? Wink

I just booked that as well - leaving for Orlando on the 18th for a week plus!! Too cold and snowy to play golf here although 15 brave (crazy???) souls at BCCC did exactly that on Wednesday. No snow to deal with but temps were in the mid-teens to low twenties. That's a lot of discomfort for a 1 in 9 chance to win a paltry $40. Almost too cold to drink beer and barely enough profit to cover the bar tab if you do - brrrrrr Wink

TOH

Ken(Ark)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TheOldHokie wrote:

Ken(Ark) wrote:

I have read a few of the posts about magnetic heaters vs hose heaters . I have found on my 3000 diesel that the torpedo heater mixed with half diesel and half used oil works great . The small 40K heater is easy on the fuel but is more than enough for this job . Once the motor has started I point it towards the rear to heat the hydraulics while the motor is warming up . I also have other uses for the heater , like my hands and toes .

Gaspump
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

49 degrees outside right now, predicted to have highs in the 60's for a week. Breezy and damp too, not what we are used to.

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Gaspump wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:51:50 12/30/17) 49 degrees outside right now, predicted to have highs in the 60's for a week. Breezy and damp too, not what we are used to.

Wish that was in our forcast. Instead low-teens for another week with a chance of more snow. The little tractor has been relocated to where it should have been to begin with. Takes some of the morning pain out of the plowing Wink

TOH

PS> I am being an optimist and leaving the chains hanging on the wall....

Colin King
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And of course you would fly Air Canada's Alberta Clipper to Orlando. :-)

Colin

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In January Santee cooper is not far away enoufh to get away for the cold BTDT... Fla. was a good call Very Happy

I have a exhaust evacuation set up HO-MADE its plumbed with 3" PVC with a exhaust fan outside the building it sure pays off on a diesel when you first fire it off cold...

cowdog
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would rather plow snow and deal with -30, than live in Florida. I would rate golf at par with colonoscopy.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"I would rather plow snow and deal with -30, than live in Florida. I would rate golf at par with colonoscopy."

Cowdog, your post had me laughing out loud.
I'm a firm believer in each to their own, but I agree totally.
Five years in FL was more than enough for me.
-14 here this week, wind chills to -47 in places.
Golf certainly hasn't crossed my mind this week!

Copperhead don't play
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TheOldHokie,
Anybody who has a clean and organized shop as you do; either has mental problems or too much time on their hands. OR not enough projects half way completed.

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Copperhead don't play wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:00:57 01/01/1Cool TheOldHokie,
Anybody who has a clean and organized shop as you do; either has mental problems or too much time on their hands. OR not enough projects half way completed.

1. Mental problems - YES
  2. Too much time - NO
  3. Not enough half finished projects - MOST DEFINITELY NO
My mother kept a neat clean house and as kids we were required to keep our living quarters the same. Once trained....

TOH

Colin King
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Right there with ya!

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TheOldHokie wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:33:13 01/01/1Cool
Copperhead don't play wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:00:57 01/01/1Cool TheOldHokie,

1. Mental problems - YES
  2. Too much time - NO
  3. Not enough half finished projects - MOST DEFINITELY NO
My mother kept a neat clean house and as kids we were required to keep our living quarters the same. Once trained....

TOH

A place for every tool, and every tool in it's place. I had to learn that when I started learning to be a watchmaker. It's pretty easy to lose track of tools when you have a work area cluttered with odds and ends of tools. The habit followed me into my garage where I work on tractors. Now I can find anything I might need right away.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Cold Weather Package Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Even a mop bucket, WOW. I have a floor scrubber and I can remember even seeing it within the last month. I have no mop bucket or wringer for picking up the dirty water. but I do have a floor drain.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters