Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

What did this toolbox come off of?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This was on the '52 8N my Dad bought back in the '70s, but I don't think it's an actual 8N toolbox (at least, I can't see where it would mount on my '50).

Don't know if the (Ford?) blue is original, but it doesn't seem to have a different color layer underneath.

Any idea what it's from? Anyone want it (you pay shipping)?

es

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ed S. (IL) wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:49:42 12/30/17)

This was on the '52 8N my Dad bought back in the '70s, but I don't think it's an actual 8N toolbox (at least, I can't see where it would mount on my '50).

Don't know if the (Ford?) blue is original, but it doesn't seem to have a different color layer underneath.

Any idea what it's from? Anyone want it (you pay shipping)?

es

That tool box came off of yer Dad's 52 8N....ya big dummy!!!
See how smart I am!!!!!! Laughing

Gary Rolling Eyes DUH!!!

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tool box for hundred series early thousand series

Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GB in MT. wrote:
That tool box came off of yer Dad's 52 8N....ya big dummy!!!
See how smart I am!!!!!! Laughing

Gary Rolling Eyes DUH!!![/i][/b]

Oh, my! (LOL!)

es

nashranch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Kirk-NJ wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:19:08 12/30/17) Tool box for hundred series early thousand series

Will it fit my 640 Kirk??

If it does Ed ..I'll take it for the shipping

Nash Ranch

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes. It will fit.

Dean

nashranch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll take it Ed.. send Paypal request to nashranchringking@gmail.com

My address is:

Michael Nasholm
37826 M J Chase Rd.
Springfield, OR.

Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nashranch wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:13:55 12/30/17) I'll take it Ed.. send Paypal request to nashranchringking@gmail.com

My address is:

Michael Nasholm
37826 M J Chase Rd.
Springfield, OR.

Will get it packed up on Monday and will let you know the shipping amount (presume ground is okay). Thanks - glad to see it put back in use! Here's Dad’s ‘52 that it came off of (don’t remember how he had it mounted):

es

nashranch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ed S. (IL) wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:25:47 12/30/17)
nashranch wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:13:55 12/30/17) I'll take it Ed.. send Paypal request to nashranchringking@gmail.com

My address is:

Michael Nasholm
37826 M J Chase Rd.
Springfield, OR.

Will get it packed up on Monday and will let you know the shipping amount (presume ground is okay). Thanks - glad to see it put back in use! Here's Dad’s ‘52 that it came off of (don’t remember how he had it mounted):

es

Ground is good Ed...Thank You

Which one are you in the pic? Four boys I see...I'm the oldest of four boys

nashranch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ed S. (IL) wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:25:47 12/30/17)
nashranch wrote:

My address is:

Michael Nasholm
37826 M J Chase Rd.
Springfield, OR.

es

Ground is good Ed...Thank You

Which one are you in the pic? Four boys I see...I'm the oldest of four boys

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As Dean said it will fit. Two bolts in the back of your right side foot board and then under your trumpet will be a stud. You can see it in this photo.

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, that is later Hundred Series toolbox, not an N-Series. The original 8N toolbox was mounted behind the dash panel with two bolts. One screws into the back dash and the other onto the RH top of the battery tray. Got your 39-53 MPC handy? Diagrams will show it. I have a Dennis Carpenter slightly used 8N toolbox for sale if you want one. I only used one summer until I got my original restored. Email me if interested.

8N TOOLBOX & MOUNTING LOCATION:

Tim Daley(MI)

Jim in Ma.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks just like the one on my 640.

Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Tim PloughNman Dal wrote:
I have a Dennis Carpenter slightly used 8N toolbox for sale if you want one. I only used one summer until I got my original restored. Email me if interested

I bought a repro when I restored my tractor in 2008, which is how I knew the blue one wasn’t correct. I’ve been cleaning up/out the shop over the holiday break and didn’t want to toss it in the trash...

es

grandpa Love
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: What did this toolbox come off of? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know why all tractors don't
have them. Handy little sucker!
Couple screw drivers and pliers in
there. Assorted pins, sheer bolts
for bush hog......crap I need one
on both sides!!! Lol.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters