Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Toy tractors

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Beautiful collection I collect steam engines and everything else I really enjoy the older tractor models I have about 15 precision tractors most of them are old model tractors I also enjoy collecting models of the new tractors as well sounds like you must have had a bunch of young kids responding to your post

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one or two barns with silos some where I bought years ago that was in the sun room. Dixie moved it to the garage with a bunch of other boxes. She wants me to load up the boxes and take them to the factory so she can get her car in. She wanted it done before it showed but the snow sneaked up on me. When I run across them I'll set them aside and take pictures of them. As I remember they were as good as what I have in the toy room. I think there was some fence with one of the barns. When I bought them I had a future display in mind. It will never happen now.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya,quite often you'll find the animals in a bag,fence bundled together and the tractors at flea markets. Once in a great while the smaller outbuildings.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My late wife and I were looking for antique picture frames. She found what she liked an antique shop somewhere in Alabama. In talking with the owners about where they found them. She said that one came from an old house locally but the rest they bought at an auction in Shipshewana Indiana.
She said they make several trips to Shipshewana a year. I used to buy my Round house bibs there and we attend the Blue Gate Theater several times a year. small world!

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My late wife worked at the Ohio Art and I worked across town in the plastic factory that made all there plastic parts in the 1960's. We also made animals for Auburn Rubber. We made the Auburn animals in white and tan. When we changed colors the workers could take them home. I ended up with a medium sized box of them when the kids were gone. Those were given away to the grand kids to play with.

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That?s impressive I?ve always had grand ideas of building toys but then I remember I have no talent when it comes to building

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I?m not that interested in resale value but they are easier to display in the boxes I can stack them 3 sometimes 4 high in the boxes and the box helps protect them

tractorguy2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think they were all 20 something brats. I have about 35 of the old precision classic series. I stop buying them when the price tag went over $120.00. I put my precisions that are on display in plastic boxes to keep them clean. The boxes are football showcases is anyone is wondering.

I was cleaning my collection today. Several of the toys wrapped in plastic bags stacked against the wall had price tags under $18.00. A few were under $14.00.

big tee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A couple of mine.---Tee

gtractorfan
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I was a kid and those were new I could only dream about them.

NEKS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This was my Uncle's toy. I never met him. He was killed in WWII when I was 4 month old.

Brendon-KS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Folks here have a lot of neat toy tractors!

I've always been partial to the 1/64th scale - cheaper to buy and less space required. The collection started about 35 years ago when I was a kid and continues to grow. The cabinet in the vertical picture is a little deceiving since it has a mirror on the back. It makes it look like there's a lot more in there than there really is.

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice collection thanks for posting

SVcummins
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sweet wha model is the John Deere

Redturbo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Toy tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters