Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New Find

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnbryan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What can you guys tell me about the 200 B--H? Whats it worth? Is it industrial or a
farm tractor? Looks like a nice straight tractor. Runs good.

mnbryan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OOPS, First time posting photo's, how do you make them right side up?

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

210B-H is a utility tractor built only 2 years 1958 -1959. Your serial nr is 1959. Engine is gas 126 cid, 25-30 hp claimed, probably on the low end of that. Can't really tell in pic but appears to be dual range shuttle. Look at your 4 speed transmission shift pattern if no reverse then it has dual range shuttle mounted in front of the transmission. Dual range shuttle design is for loader duty 8 speeds forward and 8 speeds reverse with reverse speed 25% faster than forward to provide faster loader cycles.

I think pic orientation has something to do with cell phone but I am too dumb to explain it.

Joe

chuck machinist
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When you take the picture on your SMART phone, make sure the lens on your camera lens is at the top left corner. This is on the I-Phone. If you are left handed ,like Pastor John, this can be challenging. Just think of where your lens is orientated before you snap the shot.Best of luck. CM

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Being that this 200B has a PTO and eagle hitch the lever on the left hand side of the transmission is most likely a hand clutch.

If this tractor runs right and fits your budget, you should buy it.

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your 210-B-H is sort of a mixture of Farm Tractor & Industrial. The 210 designation itself says it is a "Utility", better suited for industrial than farm, because of the heavy duty loader & heavy duty front axle. However, your 210B does not appear to have the higher volume front crank driven hydraulic pump for faster loader operation. It also has the Eagle Hitch & PTO found on the farm tractors. The "H" means that your 210B has a high speed 4th. Without the front pump, that 210B is better suited for farm. It is worth what the highest bidder is willing to pay.

Joe (Wa)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The lever is too high for a hand clutch unless modified someway. Appears to be a shuttle fwd-rev lever like in this 310B dual shuttle tractor pic.

The tractor has fixed rear axle, fixed HD front axle with cylinder type power steering. Someone has changed the grill decal slant "200" to horizontal "210". I have seen 210B with pto but not Eagle hitch although it was a factory option.

Joe

mnbryan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That lever on the left is a dual range shuttle shift. It is a foot clutch. It does have some sort of power steering. It was bitterly cold so I did not run it. However, it only has one way cylinders on the main loader so it is gravity down. Can that be changed? Can a blade, or disk or cultivator or even mower be added to the eagle hitch? Does it need to be converted to 3 point? It is a cute little tractor! Not sure I need it but I sure want it!!! Smile

Joe Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mnbryan, you found a very nice example of a 210B with a model 21 loader in what appears to be good condition. The shuttle transmission and power steering make it very desirable IMHO. There were 359 210Bs made during 1958 (162) & 1959 (197).

You could convert the main cylinders on the loader to dual action, but I would not recommend doing so for two reasons. First, the unit was designed for use in the current configuration. The hydraulic capacity of these little tractors is not what you might expect with modern tractors. They were rated at 9 GPH when new. Aux pumps (with up to 19 gpm service) were available and used when a backhoe and loader with dual action cylinders where attached.

The second reason I would not change it...is the tractor appears to be a very good example of an unmolested 210B with a 21 loader. Anything you do to modify it will reduce it's value IMHO.

The eagle hitch is essentially a category 1 setup that will allow you to connect to most category 1 implements. I don't see the top link, but they are not that hard to find if you ultimately need one.

What's it worth.... If the engine, clutch, transmission and hydraulics are in good working condition I would be a buyer between $2000-$2500. In excellent condition maybe as high as $3500. Any mechanical issues...well you'll never buy it cheap enough to fix all issues and get your money back, but that may not be what will motivate all buyers. - Joe

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Joe,
I didn't notice the long lever on the left side, or the other things you pointed out. The tractor is. still a good find though. The shuttle shift will work nice while clearing snow, or loading a manure spreader.

Zach81
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice tractor. At one time I had 4 200 series, now down to only 3 and I'll tell you why. So the one I ended up selling is similar to that one except it was a bareback. Being you could add more rear weight to that one with your eagle hitch is a plus. I can tell you that a 210 with the 21 loader running off tractor hydraulics won't pick up much more that a Case 644 garden tractor or a 1816 unloader. If you want to do much loader work I would walk away. However like others have stated that is a very nice collectors piece and appears to be in great condition. If you end up getting it you will HAVE to load the rear tires and add cast weight. A bad problem with that heavy duty loader is that it makes the 210 extremely front heavy. Add a 500 - 700 lb load and they are worthless to move without serious ballast on the back. I can assure you a 210 with a 31 loader with 2 way cylinders /dual bucket cylinders with crank driven pump will blow the 21 out of the water. Makes it a totally different tractor. If you get it and have other questions just let me know. Good luck!

mnbryan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am not planning on using it a whole bunch, Maybe light yard work and leveling the driveway. I have a 2 acre lot on a small lake that needs mowing one or twice a year and thought that it might work for that if I can find a 5' brush mower. Also I thought the loader might come in handy for putting in the dock and pontoon lift but I am a bit concerned about getting stuck with the heavy front end and loader on it. My son is excited because he thinks he will be able to use it for food plots for the deer!!!! I believe I can get it bought for $2500.

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$2500.00 sounds reasonable for that tractor. Start it and drive it before you close the deal. If you do end up buying it, make sure you use an over run coupler on the PTO when using a bush mower on it. The ORC will keep the momentum of the mower blades from pushing the tractor when you push the foot clutch to stop the tractor.

BarryfromIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On my 210b-h I normally have 10 of the CASE rectangular and some times add 200# more on the back with the winter tire chains and this can still be light in back with a 1000# bale on forks replacing the bucket.

kenbob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK I will ask the dumb question here. If it has the same 4 gears going back or forward, why is it faster in reverse? My only guess is less power loss due to power taking a more direct route in reverse.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters