Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Dewalt tools

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigDanT
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've never been a big fan of Dewalt tools before but, the wife won this 5 piece set in a drawing the other night and the first thing I noticed was the "Proudly Made In The USA" plastered all over the box, bag and even on each tool. Haven't had a chance to work with them yet but just doing an inspection of the contents they seem to be well made. I hope they preform well and last a long time as I like the thought of being able to use tools made here in the states.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Motors,switches,batteries, wires are the Global materials. Most likely the screws too. Not being a pill, just making a guess. What do you think.

Jeff NWOH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought myself a brushless hammer drill and impact driver combo for Christmas. It came with a free tool with it so I got a 4.5" angle grinder. I had an issue with the drill right off so I exchanged it. I like it a lot so far. It's a lot better than my Craftsman stuff. That impact driver will twist off screws and 1/4" lag bolts no problem....

grizz02
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will love that impact driver a can't tell how much I use mine 👀

BigDanT
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought my first 1/4? impact about 12 years ago, it came in a makita package deal. I didn?t think I would use it much but, I was wrong I use it all the time. I like how light they are and how not as much pressure is needed to drive a screw.

grandpa Love
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Smaller hardware stores carry the made in USA DeWalt tools. Most of the DeWalt you buy in the big box stores are not. That little lable does make a difference in quality. I have and use over $10,000 worth of DeWalt tools daily. Love em

JOCCO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have run quite a few of them and am very happy with them. If you take care of them I don't see a problem am with any major brand.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-jeffcat wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:49:22 01/01/1Cool Motors,switches,batteries, wires are the Global materials. Most likely the screws too. Not being a pill, just making a guess. What do you think.

Bingo! You nailed it. DeWalt is still as good as it gets though.

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like to buy American as much as anyone but Dewalt will not hold up to me.I think they are good tools for the average guy, but I really abuse power tools. I have owned 2 battery drills, 2 -4 1/2 in grinders and and a 1/2 in electric drills and a 7 1/4 circular saw. About a year to 18 months and they are toast. The only battery drill that will hold up to me is a Snap-on. The electric drill is a Milwaukee and the only 4 1/2 in grinder that I have found in the last 40 years that will stand up to me is a Metabo (Made in Germany). I go through about 150-200 grinding discs a year and I have one Metabo that is 5 years old and one going on 3. I have an old Black and Decker 7 in grinder that is at least 30 years old that just keeps going,but they don't make tools like that anymore.

gab
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got one of those old B and Decker grinders, bought it at a flea market 25 years ago for about 25 dollars, comfortable to hang on to and can't be killed.

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Grandpa has it right. Heard of some angle grinders with plastic gears. I have good one I got in a pawnshop, also a reciprocating saw and Lion powered drill that I love.

Stephen Newell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only thing I don't like is the brake they put on the drill but all of the manufacturers are doing that now. I did have a 18v cordless drill which worked great for about five years and the batteries went bad. Despite the cost I bought replacement batteries for it but the replacement batteries wouldn't hold a charge near as well as the original ones and they went bad in a couple years.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife gave me a cordless drill and impact driver set probably 6 years ago. I don't use them like a contractor but I use them a lot and they still work well. The impact driver is really good when arthritis is getting worse.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Before you get all warm and fuzzy because the box says "Made in the USA with Global materials", you better define EXACTLY what Dewalt means by "made in the USA". My bet is that not even 10% of the tools is actually "made in the USA", but rather that there is some assembly done that makes the tools qualify in lawyer speak as "Made in the USA". If someone disagreeing can tell me where the Dewalt plant making the moldings, batteries, motors, chucks, etc is in the USA, I'll gladly fall on the sword. Otherwise, I'm betting that tool is just as much "Made in the USA" as most others are these days.

In 1981 in South Korea I saw "Made in the USA" tags being sewn onto boots sold by a major US retailer. I've been skeptical since then of the "Made in the USA" tag!

dr sportster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Dewalt tools Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can do anything on a residential electrical job with that kit.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters