Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

880 oliver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian stanek
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: 880 oliver Reply to specific post Reply with quote

can anyone tell me where the level plug is for the rear diff and trans. on an 880 oliver. all I see is a 1/4 inch plug on the pto housing. I put in too much oil I think. 1/2 way up axle shafts and it is leaking out by the brakes?

Ohio88
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 880 oliver Reply to specific post Reply with quote

brian stanek wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:39:47 01/01/1Cool can anyone tell me where the level plug is for the rear diff and trans. on an 880 oliver. all I see is a 1/4 inch plug on the pto housing. I put in too much oil I think. 1/2 way up axle shafts and it is leaking out by the brakes?

It is on the right below and back from the axle.

J. Schwiebert
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 880 oliver Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On the 880 tractor the check plug is on the right ahead of the axle. Did you drain both the transmission and the final drives? Capacity for both of those is 19 quart.

brian stanek
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 880 oliver Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes I drained both trans and rear diff. will look again but all I have seen is the brake housing,

J. Schwiebert
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 880 oliver Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look in front of the brake housing for a pipe plug.

brian stanek
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: 880 oliver Reply to specific post Reply with quote

so I seen the plug but just assumed it was so low in the system it was a drain plug on the side. thanks for the info.

4010 puller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: 880 oliver Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that the same capacity for a 88, I thought they were 18 quarts?

brian stanek
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: 880 oliver Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-4010 puller wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:21:44 01/03/1Cool Is that the same capacity for a 88, I thought they were 18 quarts?
I don't know what the capacity would be. I just thought the plug in front of the axle seemed a bit low to be a level plug but maybe it is the one.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters