Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

welder

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: welder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got to be one of the poorest welders made. Neighbor had one & It would not burn a 7018 rod no matter how you tried.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: welder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, sorry, it's long gone.

Assume he sold it when he closed up the shop.

RusselAZ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: welder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably the best welder ever made for the market they were designed for. The rod, 7018 is a beautiful rod for DC reverse. AC welder doesn't like it. I have two of the red forney's. They have served me well. The brutes will run at 180 amp setting most of a day long and not kick a 30 amp breaker.

Buddy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: welder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$300

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: welder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Marquette welder that is AC & it burns the same rods just fine.

RusselAZ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: welder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ebay has one listed, pickup only, in dekalb illinois. 125 USD.

RusselAZ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: welder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The carbon arc also works great to heat stuck and rusted nuts. Pull the carbons together on each side and hold. Even the carbon will get red hot!

If you want to signal the neighbors a carbon arc makes a great yard light at night. Doesn't last long without moving the carbons together.

Lee Tho
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: welder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is more than i was looking to pay there is one on ebay for 125 that is around what the one i have seen sell were bringing thanks

daisyman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: welder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My dad bought a used one back around 1960. I learned how to weld with it and got pretty good with it, I thought any way. It also came with a carbon arc torch, and I got so I could braze some pretty thin sheet metal with it. Kinda like shooting sqirrels with a 30-60, a little too much gun for the job. You had to turn it way down. If you had to straighten any thing large like a coulter shank, you had to go slow and not get too close or the carbons on the torch would get added to the steel and make it brittle.

Irv
Cool

daisyman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: welder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a 30-06 not a 30-60!! Embarassed

DoubleO7
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: welder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here is one, might not be the model you desire.....
https://orlando.craigslist.org/tls/d/60s-220-volt-forney-welder/6442506393.html

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters