Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

you betcha ya

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dune Country
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For those of you freezing in the Midwest and Northeast, there is hope..

In January 2006, Al Gore posted

“Within the next 10 years, the world will reach a point of no return” and “a true planetary emergency” due to global warming.

gtractorfan
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Didn't he also say he invented the internet?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is an emergency. We're about to freeze to death. lol

jimg.allentown
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I give algore just south of zero credibility.

NEKS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wonder if he has a thermometer on his back porch.

steve19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

actually he did not. not a fan of AG just the truth.

Rodeo man
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

His environmental stance always surprised me, considering his family's deep ties with the oil industry. I think they even had a coal company at one time.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That wind bag can come to my place and start with his hot air because I know we sure could use a bit of hot air in this area right now. I just checked and we are a get high of 10 degrees right now and in a few place have tied a few record colds so his global warming is a bunch of hog wash

David Snipes
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gore is correct (no matter who likes or dislikes him). If we stopped all greenhouse gas emissions today, the world temperatures will still
rise for decades. And yes, he is a windbag as are most politicians. This is a bipartisan post.

Keith-OR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not even going to respond to the BS your spouting. I think ya better do your research, rather to listening to the slanted Media..

David Snipes
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Too late Keith - you already responded!

steve19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not arguing but it is called "global warming or climate change" (whichever you prefer) not local warming/change. don't know who is right or wrong and quite frankly don't much care as i won't be around long enough to witness any of it. my grandkids might but that is their worry and they will deal with it as all future generations have dealt with all future problems.

steve19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i think the biggest threat to the earths stability is the systematic burning off of the worlds rain forests. not only is the practice a vast pollutant but it also removes trees/plants which provide vast amounts of oxygen. a double edged sword so to speak.

Rodeo man
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ive got my doubts, that even our best scientist understand the atmosphere. I think a nice big volcanic eruption releases more greenhouse gasses, than man has been responsible for since the beginning of time. I know we couldn't have plants, without co2. Destroying the ozone with cfc's is probably not a great idea, but letting a little smoke roll is probably not hurting much.

AlinArk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: you betcha ya Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well in that case i think i will get up and shut the thermostats off hope the wife doesn't catch me...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters