Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

cars/trucks without center consoles ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone know of any currently being made that DOES NOT have a center console between the front seats ?
I'm not very fond of those consoles , but apparently many must love them as that's all I see being made, but I have not really been looking around a lot either.

mj
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most of them fold up, out of the way.........??? Confused

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do not know of a car that has a straight bench seat in the front. Some pickups can have the straight bench seat on the lower cab packages. Even those will have a folding center arm rest.

I like the center consoles. You have storage and better cup holders. Also you have side support in the even of wrecks.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well....my 2003 Ford Expedition has a bench seat. I wish it DID have that console. Go to a dealer and ask for a basic interior.

steve19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

back in the day riding three in the front seat of a p/u was a common practice. not no mo.

Patsdeere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The built in ones that go from the floor up and make you feel claustrophobic are a "safety" feature to help keep the body from bouncing around in a crash (but it sucks for people with large hindends). If you are referring to the fold down ones, then like somebody else mentioned, they should fold up out of the way.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Dodge Ram 2015 has a 40/20/40 seat

grizz02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh this is a pet peeve of mine my 91 f250 has a flat bench seat flat all the way across love it my 04 and 2010 chev has what they call a bench seat with a fold up center but all it is are 2 bucket seats with a middle pad that would never use and like has been stated big people are sitting on the raised edge of the seat bostrom seats out of semis make a seat that feels like a lounge chair and its air ride just a thought 👀

BigDanT
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can get a 60/40 bench seat in the GM trucks. The center console will fold up and leave an uncomfortable bench seat in its wake.

gab
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty much all the cars have bucket seats but you can get bench seats in a pk/up, probably has a big center arm rest/compartment that flips up after you clean your change/junk out of the cup holders, then you can flip up the cushion and there's a good size compartment under there.

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Plenty of full-size GM pickups with the "60/40" front seat. It's really the best of both worlds: The driver and passenger seats are as comfortable as any bucket seat, And there's a ridiculous amount of storage under the middle seat and in the fold-down "console" seat back. You may have trouble finding a new truck on the lot with a 60/40 seat since dealers tend to stock loaded trucks, but you can certainly order one.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As a kid I can remember about 5 of us piling into a pickup to go haul cattle. The smaller ones sat on the others laps.

greenmech
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2016 Ram with dial shift does not have the console on the floor. Ron Mn

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"claustrophobic" yes they really make you feel trapped in there !

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes a pet peeve of mine too. What really triggered it was I had a 1997 Toyota Rav 4. It had very comfortable seats but had the center shifter and console. My back was sore one day so I went to the chiropractor. All was going ok until I went to get into the Rav4. Drivers door would not open ! So sore back and all I had to crawl in from the passenger side to get home. And then again when at home to get it into the shop. Turned out a little spring in the door latch end broke and would not let it return so it could be opened. Was a very simple fix luckily.
I miss the full seats where you can slide across or where you can take a girl along and a hard turn right and slide her in next to you ! lol.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters