Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

cars/trucks without center consoles ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhermesc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just bought two 1500s with them. But they are 40/20/40 seats - not 40/60 seats.

BAnNC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Same as my 2013 Chev Sierra.

doug in missouri
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, tell me about it. I was a rural mail carrier, and it made it hard to find a suitable car. A truck wouldn't work, not enough room. DOUG

DoubleO7
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

center consoles in all cars might have something to do with
fed regs and getting the most safety out of the airbags for the occupants.

grandpa Love
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

77 Dodge pickup regular cab. 7 teenagers Saturday night going roller skating......good times. Lol. I was driving so I wasn't double stacked!

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wife's 2017 GMC SLT Crew Cab does not have the centre console. Had to juggle the options to keep the vehicle a six seater.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 2016 Ford Super Duty does not have one.

RBoots
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And when it was 3 guys on the bench seat, bending over so no one could see you if you were the guy by the passenger door so it looked like the guy in the middle was setting next to the driver lol

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I ordered a 97 Ford, V6, Stick, short wb, reg cab, sportside pu/ Had vinyl bench seat amd rubber floor mat. Neatest fastest little truck ever.20 mpg city or country. Neighbor has it now 140k and running like new.

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

> Had to juggle the options to keep the vehicle a six seater.

Yeah, they really want to put that console in for some reason. When I ordered mine, EVERY time the salesman ran through the order, he would DE-select the leather seats. I had to watch him like a hawk to get the order right.

The only downsides to not having a console is you lose the subwoofer on the Bose audio (which I don't need) and you also lose wireless phone charging (which doesn't work well).

2002sliverado
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On cars, I am not a fan of the overly wide consoles up front. A couple years ago when I was looking at mid-size cars, I looked at a fair number of makes and models. One was a Nissan Maxima and a Nissan Altima. I detested the really wide and bulky center console in the Maxima, while the Altima had one which was narrow. I rode in a Ford Taurus a few years ago and I hated the interior and the console in that one more than anything else I looked at. I do like the center console in my 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD. I have a narrow console in my daily driver, and the last car I most recently purchased for my wife is similar in width. Neither is "obnoxious" in size and width.

rdandersom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The last vehicle I had without a console was a 86 Ranger. I had to fabricate a cupholder on the door.

mj
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Bruce from Can. wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:12:06 01/02/1Cool My Dodge Ram 2015 has a 40/20/40 seat

My '97 Dakota has that setup, too. Smile

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: cars/trucks without center consoles ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those center consoles can be a safty feature as they prevent somebody from trying to put a 3rd passenger in a seat that is not wide enough to give you arm room to drive as most cars now are. Trucks are wider so the fold up unit that lets a third person in can work. My Dakotas as a smaller truck with that fold up unit and a 3rd front seat belt I think but they are not wide enough to get that arm movement for control. Bucket seats help on that as well. And this could be a big factor in the companys deciding to put them in to stop lawsuits from driver squesed in to tight to control.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters