Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Football National championship

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith Molden
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree, I really don't think Ohio State is a Champion team this year. Close maybe but taking a whipping from 2 teams leaves it as it should be. But you know, all Bucks fans do support our team. In fact my grandsons dogs name is (you guessed it ), Brutis but the facts are the facts
and they don't lie.

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About right where do you draw the line, always will be someone displeased. One thing about it whoever wins this year the national champ will be from the SEC , LOL It will start all over in a few months..

1sarge
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wgm, from both of your posts, it seems you have a real dislike for the SEC by calling them sleeze and implying that people from this part of our great country are not as smart as where you are from.
Please be advised that we have smart people all over this country, dumb people all over and you just proved by your post, idiots all over.

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IF a play off works for the NFL why would it not work for college ball????

Because of exams and school.

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Funny, though, whoever becomes the "national champion" will not be the conference champion. What does that tell you.

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There will always be somebody to complain why my team did not get in.
Heck Auburn beat Alabama during the year yet Alabama went to the top 4.
That is why I like college baseball and their 2 out of 3 system.

With that said we can go back and forth just using a few games or 1 year as to who is best.
But if we look at 5 or 10 years there is no question the SEC is the power house of college football.

steve-in-ga
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If Georgia wins they will be both SEC champs and national champs. They beat Auburn to be SEC champs.

HuskerLyn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dysfunctional system? How about an egotistic administrator who stuck his nose where it didn?t belong and single handedly ruined decades of tradition and hard work. Why wouldn?t Scott want to come home and fix something that means so much to himself, a state, university, and alumni base?

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not critical of people living in your part of the country or you personally. In fact I have relatives living in Arkansas. What I am saying is SEC as a hole, is riddled with corruption. If you don't believe me there are plenty of news articles on the internet if you care to search. And, yes, I completely believe academics should be part of the equation when national titles are awarded. If that were the case the SEC would disappear and the Big 10 and the Pac 10 would be producing the national champions.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And if Bama wins they'll be National Champs and have beaten the SEC Champ and the ACC champ so that'll show what its worth to be a conference champion.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tells me its working just like it was stated in the beginning,that they wanted the 4 best teams in the country regardless of where they come from.And since Bama soundly beat
the #1 team in the country no question they should be there.

Gene Davis (Ga.)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some of the tickets for the national championship game in Atlanta are selling for $25,000.00, This is quite a price to watch a game.

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The more I think about this I'll leave it up to you to prove that the SEC is NOT the conference of sleaze and that they are in fact a conference of athletic and academic excellence. So prove it idiot! I don't throw out insults but you deserve it.

coshoo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Because the pros already have contracts and insurance against injuries, and get paid for each additional game. College guys (especially seniors) are trying to keep from getting hurt so they can get the big bucks with a pro contract.

WalJohn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Football National championship Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Keith Molden wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:33:20 01/02/1Cool I just wonder why the ONLY team in the country without a loss (Central Florida) wasn't even considered. They played teams every bit as good as The GREAT BAMA. Seems to me that it's all about money, not who has the most wins as it should be. Just my 2 cents worth, none of us can change it anyway LOL

UCF's schedule was a lot easier than Alabama's. Maine, UConn, Temple and Austin Peay are not quite the SEC .

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters