Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Damages found on wifes car so far

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So since we are having a heat wave today I figured I would start pulling the bad parts off the wife's car she wrecked the other day.
It will need a new radiator which is already on order. The AC may not work any more because the condenser of it is bent but not sure if it leaks at this time and due to the time of year not likely to be able to test the system. Grill is totaled and will need to be replaced. I may do as the wife has asked and build a deer killer grill in place of the plastic one it had so if she hits a deer it dies instead of the Geo Tracker. Was not fun pulling the radiator on it with it being 20 degrees out and the coveralls making it hard to get my hands in where I needed to

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

isnt collision work fun!!!! i dread a hard front end hit that most of the parts got torn off, and thrown away by the tow company. makes it a real puzzle to put back together.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

She got lucky on this one. She hit a couple of fence posts the T type and broke them off. One of them is what messed up the radiator. Grill most likely got broken by the same fence posts but it had a bad crack in it any how. Any more when I have to replace parts like these I have found it is better to build heavy duty stuff because well lets just say the wife etc. seem to like to hit deer etc.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"isnt collision work fun!!!!"

I've done just enough to know that is not what I want to do when I grow up!

Or any kind of body work!

Always thought, instead of defensive driving, the offenders should have to spend a day in a body shop! LOL

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You shouldn't be so rough on Mrs Old ,,once you get that tracker fixed,you think it would make it to NJ?Send Mrs Old here for a vacation from you,she may never return,,,lol

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

heres one for ya, just towed in today. blew both air bags too. got yer stall ready for ya!!!

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mine has piled up a few. as long as nobody gets hurt, cars are easy to replace. i keep the auto boo boos on the back burner as a get out of jail card when i pull a doozie!!! honey......remember when you wrecked you car and i dint say nuthin bad,,,, so far.......... it hasnt really helped me.......at alll!!!

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not being rough on her I am just saying it like it is. The wife has what I would call tunnel vision and does not watch for things on the sides of her when she drives so that in turn causes problems

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Give her a big hug,,if she reads your posts about her,,your in hot water,,,give her a big hug now!!!! lol

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One reason I buy a car for her is the ones I know will hold up better to having to bunch off of things. She has had 2 of these Geo Trackers and they seem to hold up well when to comes to hitting things. Her first one I lost control of an 8 ton road roller, engine died so no steering and it roll into the side of the track and pushed it side way but only put a small dent in the passengers side right in front of the door. Almost could not be seen unless you looked hard

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You do know Larry what you read on here is only maybe 1% of all the stuff that really goes on around here don't you

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Again Larry due to the fact you know little that really goes on you cannot ever understand. I was raised in a very strick German house hold so many thing many people think are common are not due to how I was raised. Hugs well you never got them or many other such PDA type of thing

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No thanks!

Surprised that's not totaled!

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From what I read in your earlier posts, you have also had to repair cracks in the frame of that thing. Not something my wife would be proud to be seen in, and I wouldn't feel good expecting her to drive it. Sounds like it is a wreck looking for a place to happen. Perhaps you should retire it to a life as a pasture beater.
Loren

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Damages found on wifes car so far Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The cracked frame was up front and was not all that bad. It is a 1997 so it is 20 plus years old. What we own we own for function not form. I would much more prefer to drive the ugliest thing on the road that ran real well then to drive a pretty car that spends 75 % of the time In the shop. Plus with our mile long gravel driveway the road it self can be hard on cars.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters