Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Sending a "Modern" Combine to the Ukraine

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sending a "Modern" Combine to the Ukraine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The guys who harvest my crops sold two 580 Lexion combines to someone in the Ukraine. He got more for them that way than he would have made selling them in the US. The 580 is a very big and pretty modern combine with computerized controls and the works. The only thing I can figure out about the deal is Lexions are made by Class. Class is huge in Europe.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Sending a "Modern" Combine to the Ukraine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

fixerupper wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:50:36 01/03/1Cool The guys who harvest my crops sold two 580 Lexion combines to someone in the Ukraine. He got more for them that way than he would have made selling them in the US. The 580 is a very big and pretty modern combine with computerized controls and the works. The only thing I can figure out about the deal is Lexions are made by Class. Class is huge in Europe.

That’s CLAAS! Two a’s, not Class.

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sending a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never heard of Class combines. Maybe you mean Claas.

1370pwr in ne
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Sending a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 20 series combines are good machines. A IH 1460 is a very reliable combine too and they can be bought very reasonable.I have seen parts 1460's only bring $1,750 so you could send one over for parts too. Let us know how this goes.

fdt860
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Sending a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You should told your friend to look in France or Deutshland. I can help them find a decent combine in France: There are many decent machines over there.

https://www.agriaffaires.com/occasion/moissonneuse-batteuse/19619896/john-deere-8820.html

One thing is that 8820s are expensive to haul accross Europe due to their width. I have heard of someone from Eastern Europe buying 8820, cutting the grain bin accross the length to make them 3m wide, and welding them back on. Probably hugly but it worked.

A friend rode an 8820 400 miles acrross France to save on transport. Not sure the hydro would survive 2000 miles, but that is by far the cheapest option, altought it is the slowest, 10 days trip at least.

Around those prices, a NH TF44, 42 is also a darn good machine. Those can putup 15-20000 hours easily. I have seen it done by contractors working 15-2000hr per years. And parts for them are easy to get.
I love the 8820s, but I would buy a TF44 if they were same price.

https://www.agriaffaires.com/resultats/1/new+holland+tf44.html

fdt860
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Sending a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A TF44 like this with the Mercedes V6 turbo engine is quite the combine!

The Famous Grouse
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Sending a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll certainly post an update if they try to pull this off.

I'm not going to weigh in with direct advice or my opinions. It's their business and after being over in Eastern Europe a time or two, all I can say is there's a lot I don't understand about what makes things tick.

I would think almost anyplace in Europe would make more sense than overseas, but what do I know. I know they have looked in Germany.

I have to say that some good stories will be made if two guys, one with a heavy "Russian" accent and another who doesn't speak English at all but has big Russian tattoos on his arms, hit the road with a suitcase full of cash in rural America trying to buy farm equipment from people. Yeah, nothing to see there...

I already told the son that there was about a 90% chance they would be detained by the police at some point in some podunk town in middle America just because the whole thing looks so weird.

"Da Janovich, that just part of fun! This beeeeg adventure, Janovich. What fun we having if police not come?"

It's a little different over there.

Grouse

ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Sending a Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can believe sending planters overseas because at the time they were current technology and parts were readily available.

I have a tougher time with shipping forty year old combines that are obsolete, half worn out or worse, and have limited support that is continuing to decline. That could easily be a creative scheme of money laundering. Buy an old combine that can fit in a shipping container for $2,000 (make sure the manufacturer is still producing new combines), haul it to a port for around $2,000, ship it overseas for $6,000, leave the manufacture date off the manifest so it can be listed as a $150,000 or $200,000 used Deere combine, collect the exaggerated payment inside the USA, and then sell or junk the old machine at the overseas destination. Are the combines being refurbished before they leave the USA (bearings, belts, chains, sprockets, augers, thin sheet metal, cylinder and concave bars, rebuilt walkers, etc.) or are they shipping as-is?

Your friend is probably very honest and is not part of the scheme, but such schemes are very common today.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters