Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New Home Made Tool

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Spent about 10 mins. to fab up this tool today. Got any ideas what I will use it for????
Loren

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Snagging a rope or line to pull it over a load?

TimV
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could be, but I'd guess it's more likely for pulling chains or chokers under logs before skidding them.

2510Paul
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I could not help but notice all your cords. I have the same problem, sometimes too many cords to walk. :-)

I don't have any better guess's on your tool then the other guys. Do you have a place for it on your Swiss-Army-Case.

Paul

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I vote for that too. If that is what it is, let us know how well it works.

47fivewindow
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Zipper puller upper?

Phil9N3667
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bet it makes holes for Jack to put the magic beans in the ground!!

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Picking up tapping pails. Jim

greenmech
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Catching chickens by the neck? Ron Mn

David Snipes
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A Texas toothpick.

used red MN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whaat...your welder and cart aren?t painted like a Case?? I will get on the band wagon with TimV.

sms
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What I was gonna say.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a "Choker Po ker" to me. An old dump rake tine works real good for that.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tim V nailed it First. I like Brett's name for it. When I built the Pickeroon, I considered using the handle end of it, for this purpose, but it seamed to compromise it for both uses.
For years I have been pawing the dirt out from under logs with my fingers or a stick, that lay tight to the ground. Every time I did that, I said to myself that I needs to make one. Well 50 years later, I found 10 mins. to make one. HeHe.
Loren

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: New Home Made Tool Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Paul, welding cords and hoses, and grinder and drill cords are a lot like a nest of baby snakes.
Loren

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters