Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Tractor brands on your family farm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redih55
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor brands on your family farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When Dad came back from Korea, he started farming with an IH 300, then bought an IH 350 utility, In 1964, we had a machine shed fire that destroyed the 300, the 350 utility was saved. He then bought a 51 M and sold the 350 utility. Said over the years that he regretted doing that. In 1965, we moved to the current home place that was owned by the local IH dealer. Dad rented the ground, and we saw lots of IH tractors that the land lord provided to do the farm work. 706 gassers, an 806 gasser, a 450 propane burner, numerous 560 diesels. In 1975, the landlord died, so Dad bought his own 560 diesels, he had two of them at the time. Then he bought an 856 a 1066, then a 986, and still had the old M. In 2005, he had an retirement auction, but kept the 986 and the old M.
After Dad died, my sister bought the 986 and the old M. They are both still at the home place.

mb58
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor brands on your family farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No longer farming but once had:

JD
4020 diesel
4020 lp
3020 gas
2020 gas

Case 1270

JD cotton picker

JD combine

Gleaner
C

scott mcintosh
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Tractor brands on your family farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dad started farming in 1949 after serving in army in Japan with a team of horses then in 1950 he bought a farmall h,then 1961 he bought and M to go with the H.Then 1971 he added a 460 then in 1973 the H got traded for a 450 diesel in 1982 dad purchased a super MTA with mounted picker.Years later when I started farming with dad I bought a 49 A John Deere then came oliver 77.Dad and most of those tractors are gone now except dads 1951 M and super MTA that I farm with.Additional tractors I have are farmall 450 diesel not dads, oliver 1755 with loader,oliver 1850,farmall 400,1949 M,Case 1370.Where has the time gone.Scott

rdandersom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor brands on your family farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We always had a John Deere. A 47 A 2010D then 1830.There was a Ferguson 35 with a loader to help the Deeres. My maternal grandfather had Masseys. Something on steel during the war 2 44s a 30 50 with loader 1100 1135 255.I started on my own with a Farmall 300 then Case 730 then David Brown 990. Today the A John Deere is still here along with a TEA20 Ferguson

muleboss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor brands on your family farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Farmall . International, Massey, Minnie, Oliver, Avery. Never owned a JD . Also have never owned a Ford vehicle.

allenlane
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor brands on your family farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom, why did you detest the N's?

mj
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor brands on your family farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Kow Farmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:52:40 01/02/1Cool I apologize if this is a repeat question from the past. I am wondering if you or your family still uses the brand(s) of tractors currently on the farm that were used in the past? For example, from my families past, my grandpa and dad had John Deere, Allis Chalmers and Ford. I remember the JD and AC tractors. My grandpa had a 1956 JD 70, 1949 Model A JD, Allis Chalmers WD, not sure of the year. My parents moved off the family dairy farm 45 years ago. Long story.....So these were the tractors I remember on the farm. As I farmed later on my own on my tiny acreage, I had an AC WD45, AC C, JD 60, Farmall M, Oliver 1850 gas, and lastly a Case 1070. I didn't have these all at one time, but over a 20 year span. The best tractor for the gas was my AC WD45, and the Case 1070 was the best diesel tractor I had. So I guess I did somewhat stay in the family brands from days gone by. What did you all use on the farm. I would like to read your stories please. Thank you.
Kow Farmer Kurt

We had only A-C. Smile

Kansasredneck
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Tractor brands on your family farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Growing up, all our stuff was rust colored. Dad had an F-20, a Regular, an 8N, and a 9N. Not sure on the 9N. It had 3fwd, and an over drive. I think there were three or four other F-20s in the grove. Old, half disassembled, ran about as good as the ones we farmed with.
He up[graded to an M when I was in high school, then had a heart attack and decided to retire. He turned 70 before I graduated. Not sure if I kept him young, or made him prematurely old.
I started out with a White 30-2. It was a nightmare. electrical system was trashed, hydraulic lift was trashed, PTO clutch was trashed. I parked it on a hill and roll started it most times, then would let it warm up, take it back to the top of the hill, shut it off, engage the PTO, and roll start it again to brush hog around the place. Found some one with stupid tattooed on his forehead to buy it. (it was misspelled.) Now I have a Challenger. Newer version of the same problems. Guess I got that tattoo as well.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters