Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

No way to start the year 2

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got laid off from the dairy I was working at today the milk contract is up and nobody else wants to buy the milk . Luckily I?ve gotta few calves to sell and just got paid for some custom plowing I did earlier this fall

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Time to 'bit the bullet' and farm for your self.Yep,it will be hard,but well worth it. Could be a whole new beginning!

RBoots
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't worry, for a worker, there's always a different job out there. The problem arises when a prospective employer wants to see an applicant's previous job history and there is none, because they've only just recently decided they need a job. That never looks good. But, with a work history and your mechanical skills, you'll be able to find something.

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Boy I?d sure love to do that

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya I?m pretty sure I can find something kind bad time of the year though but I?ve got enough money saved I should be ok till spring

ArleninOr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SV, got laid off about 35 years ago. Never looked back. Always looked ahead and found other work I could do. Like you I was a jack of all trades and master of none. Have worked for my self since then. You will survive and make do. May have to suck up the belt a notch or two. You get bucked off and you get right back on. Good luck with what ever you find. E-mail for my number as I have a friend in Idaho that might could help out.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that...

Plans?

Dreams?

Make it happen!

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you I?ve got a few options but it always scares me to death when it happens .

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I?d like have enough cows on my own and just ranch and do my custom farming but I?m not quite in the position for that yet so I guess I will hire on with another outfit and keep going . I can mechanic have a cdl and know quite a bit about framing and cattle a jack of all trades master of none

big tee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good Luck---Tee

Lazy WP
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The offer still stands. I can get you a job "cowboying" in northern Nebraska. Might have to dig out another layer though. I look at things like this as a good thing. I know I am. Good luck to you!!

10 more days then its off to a new adventure here too. Ranch is for sale, and I am not going to ride this one to the ground. Going back to running a floater and driving a truck again. I'm excited, but going to miss the cows eventually.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh, the pics you have put up of late were your former employers stuff.

That fits a little better.

Bummer to get laid off, hope you catch on soon somewhere else. Might be slow for a couple months, but by March you might have to block your phone from all the offers! Sounds like you have some skill and should do all right.

Getting lean down on the farm, the economy turned a few years ago, some of the real big outfits have gone under, the smaller ones are tightening belts again. Really no upturns on the horizon.

I hope my dairy neighbor does ok, they just took on a ton of debt, nice small by today's standards family operation, good people. My understanding dairy is looking at lower milk prices, after a drop already. We live by "the worlds biggest butter plant" and several other processors so actually import milk from a ways around, but even so, milk is mighty cheap right now if you have to pay the bills with it.

Paul

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most of the pics are my stuff I own a 3020 a 4020 a 7700 combine and bunch of other farm equipment drills swather baler trucks trailers I do a fair amount of custom farming to and I also run a few beef cows and I do some cowboying for one of the biggest ranchers in this valley but the steady paycheck every two weeks from the dairy pays for it all

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The dairy I was working for just spent a million on a new merry go round milker new barn and new loafing shed now the milk contract is up and nobody wants the milk . There was a 3000 cow dairy that just closed there doors about 2 weeks ago nobody wanted there milk

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: No way to start the year 2 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I?m still trying to think about that cowboy job it?s something I?ve always wanted to do for sure . If also thought about running floaters but that?s a job you don?t just get around here you have to know somebody that knows somebody

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters