Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

I must admit,I am not the king of my castle

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Geo Tracker story/////...my wife was office/general manager for a Chevy dealer for 35 years,When my daughter turned 16,,my wife's boss said ,,take that tracker sitting under the tree in the back lot.You can take it to the farm and your daughter can drive it around the fields,take it for free.I went with my wife to get it.It was Sitting under a tree and all full of sap,it looked pretty rough.We slapped a dealer plate on it and I drove it home.It ran well,and I Noticed it only had 70 thousand miles on it.We got it home,I started cleaning it up.Then when it started looking better my daughter started cleaning and polishing it more. I Said to my wife,,this would be a good car for my daughter to drive on the road.The wife said,,,,NO////Between my daughter and I arguing with the wife,,the wife agreed we would register and insure it,,she could drive it while on her permit,,just to practice in empty parking lots etc,,,take her driving test and parallel parking test etc,,with it,,,then that would be it ,No highway with the tracker ,,,,I did teach my little girl to drive ,and park etc,,she did pass her test with the tracker.Then Mom said,,thats it,,now you drive my car,,no tracker,they are not safe enough for our little girl.So,,me being a hard head,I get the tracker.I didnt tell my wife right away,,but she was right.I drove the tracker to PA many times on my own,Sometimes when the big 18 wheeler would fly by me it almost push the stiff suspension ed little tracker off the road.It was fun once I got to the farm but getting there was scary at times,,lol I kept driving the tracker,,the noise of the soft top on the highway was enough to drive you crazy,,lol...I kept driving it,,and said to my wife we should get the timing belt changed,they are noted at certain miles to let loose,She said no,,,we are not spending a dime on that car,I Dont want you driving it anyhow,,,well,the timing belt let loose in our driveway one day,,,shortly after that my wife called the junk man,he gave us some money and took it away.Im not the king of my castle,,maybe its a good thing,,my wife is the voice of reason,,,my little girl might have gotten killed in that little tracker,,Im many times glad Im not the king of my castle,,,lol

RBnSC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When our daughter was 14 i bought a Rambler American. I thought we could fix it up together and she could learn to drive and be a fun project to do together. Started working on it and her interest lasted about ten minutes. The more I looked at it I realized it would never be reliable. Her grandfather bought her a cutless.
Ron

ed will
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, I am not the king here either, I sometimes let the queen have her say. wink! Ed Will Oliver BC

Billy Shafer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am the king of my castle. You can be that when you live alone.

greenmech
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am the King when the Queen says I can be. Ron MN

Keith-OR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I'm the King of my castle, just because there is just Shawn and I most of the time. Haven't had a adult woman in my house hold for a long time. Daughter is here part time, she is 18 yrs old and her own boss.
I can remember growing up, my mom was a smart woman, she was the boss in our house hold, BUT always let Dad think he was!!!

Call a friend and HUG a love one----------Rich

Keith & Shawn

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well to start off I am king of my castle and always have been. That is the way I was raised and that was also how my wife was raised, the man wears the pants in the house hold period!!!!!!

That said yes the early Geo Trackers did have there problems with flipping easy due to be short and high center of gravity so if you turned to fast and to sharp they would flip. Also yes the timing belt can be a problem and take out the engine is it breaks that is what kill my first tractor. This newer tracker while it does still sit high is 4 door so a good bit longer. It is the car she wanted and she asked me to find her one so I did.
As to how some of you think I treat my wife well she know how it is and always has for the 20 plus years we have been together. But like just now I stopped mid post and went out and put a 2 gal jug of gas in the back of the boys truck so if she ran out of gas she would have it since she has run it real low on gas and before going to work will e getting gas like I told her she needed to do ASAP
And yes her tracker will be fixed pretty soon. Just spent $186. on parts for it and in a little bit get to go out in this nice warm 20 degree weather and work on it

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hugs almost never for more then one reason.
#1 was not raised that way so not common in this house
#2 now days it can be very painful to get or give a hug

Keith Molden
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Larry, If most of us would be truthful, we aren't the king of our castles either. We'd like everyone to think so but lets face it, the wives are really far superior than us when it comes to money and common sense. They control about everything we do or even think about doing. If, for instance, I think about buying another tractor, my first thought is "What's Kate gonna say about it" (I all ready know the answer to that one LOL} There's an old saying and I believe a song that says If Momma aint happy aint nobody happy. By the way my friend, how are you getting along, I think about you often.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Since everyone is all fired up over Trackers I might as well tell my Tracker story !
Larry: Sounds like yours was one of those little 2 door models ?

I bought a 4 door off ebay I forget what year it was but it was the older body style 1994 ?? Was a decent low mile supposedly rust free one. It was fairly local so drove up to get it and it was pretty nice. Went to gas station to fill it up for drive home and when about full gas came running out from under it. Yep gas tank had a hole near the top rusted out. I patched the hole once home and I drove it for a little while. Gas mileage was not that good. Ride didn't seem that good either. My sister was home with her 1999 Honda CRV so I ask for her keys and drove it up mom and dads ruff road to compare to the Tracker. Like night and day difference ! That Honda rode and handled so much nicer and plus they got better gas mileage. So I put it back on ebay and someone from Texas came up to Ohio and drove it back home ! Made a little on it. Then I got a 1997 ? Toyota Rav4 off ebay and it was as nice as the Honda CRV but a little more cramped. I drove it maybe 2 years ? then sold it on craigslist IIRC ? Lost a bit on it but I did drive it awhile. People rented a car and came clear up here from Georgia to buy it !I told them to BRING CASH only. Well they get here and want to write a check. No way ! lucky for them the lady at the bank asked if they had a visa card linked to their checking account. They did so she gave them a cash advance on the credit card and then they gave me cash. Otherwise they would of drove all the way back in a rented car ! lol.

Bob in SD
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If most of us would be truthful, we aren't the king of our castles either,

I don't even think I'm in second place.

wives are really far superior than us when it comes to money and common sense

I wouldn't quite go that far. They're different, not necessarily better

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I worked with a guy once that always bragged he was the King of his castle...one day after work when he went home his wife had moved out.Moved everything in the house out too...left him a spoon and a bowl,,,,

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

" wives are really far superior than us when it comes to money and common sense "

You obviously have not met mine ! lol.

WalJohn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only time I'm King is when I'm on the porcelain throne.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I must admit,I am not the king of my castle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have a couple farmer friends that use older trackers and suzuki samuria as gator type vehicles. 4wd, ps,pb, auto and some have a/c. good little workhorses and way cheaper than buying a new gator. when my daughter was getting her license we were going to give her a chevy cavalier we bought for the mil who finally decided to quit driving. only had 20k on it,. swmbo and i were taking her for the dl test in it, and both decided....no way!!! too small for a first car. got her a '93 chevy z-71 short bed from a buddy of mine. great truck, pig on fuel, loud mufflers and only room for 1 passenger. with the 4wd it was great for her in winter time. i have the truck now as she moved downtown chicago for school. prolly gonna paint it this spring.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters